Thinking about calcium reactors...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

where can you buy the fluid for the bubbler on the controller.

Are you talking about the bubble counter? On all of the reactors I've used, (Geo, Korallin, and MRC) they've all had a bubble counter as a part of the reactor. This was filled up with water from the tank via the feed pump.

I'm not sure if this answered your question or not...

Nick

I dont know about not using some kind of PH monitor/controller. On a 75 gallon tank things can go wrong in a hurry. On mine I run a monitor controler (about $75) that is in the actually reactor and controls the gas. I have it set so that it keeps the PH in the reator at the level it needs to be to melt the media. I also run one on the tank and if the ph drops below a certain level it shuts off that system.
Dropping the effluent into an area in the sump that has good airation will also take care of most of the residual co2.

Just take it real slow Jr and keep a very close eye on it while you are dialing it in. I have just seen to many tanks get melted down from reactors when they are being dialed in.

good luck

Mojo

Thanks for the warning mojo. I have a probe in my sump already hooked up to my Apex. Then I also have a separate probe and controller that can turn on and off the sulinoid for the CO2 that came with the reactor.

I think I'm going to use the separate controller to turn on and off the CO2 to keep the reactor at 6.6-6.7 (to start with anyway), then have that pH controller plugged into my apex, so if the sump drops below 7.8 or something, it will shut the second controller off to shut off the CO2 that way. So, pretty much how you have it set up.

I'm putting the effluent into the skimmer chamber of my sump before the bubble wall to help it outgas before it reaches the return chamber (where my apex controlled pH probe is.)

Back