thinking about fraging these but need help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

inkmates

I'm thinking about fraging these but not for sure what they are, what there worth, or how to go about fraging the nonzoo coral any help with how to frag or with ids/prices would be awesome thanks in advance

Usually brown corals don't sell as well. Your zoanthids have potential, but they do not look health enough to frag/sell

josh

pic was just taken after I had put them in tank they have began to open up even more now and i've found at least 3 different colors on the rock.

The zoos were buried under a bunch of rock at my lfs in his lr tank none where open at the time but i couldn't pass on the price. The other coral is actually purplish with green centers under strong light (my lights suck trying to save up for some halides now)

Easy to frag both of them.

If I had a few words to say about it, I would say..
Don't be scared.. you won't hurt them.

For both of them I would split the rock.
My .01 cent

ok so i worked up the nerve to frag the lps last night i ended up useing a small chisel and with a light tap of a hammer managed to seperate 8-10 polyps had to cut a few polyps with a exacto knife but both pieces look really well today I also frag the zoos came up with about 6-7 frags with between 5 to 10 polyps each all looking good and seeings how I was already fragging everything decided to frag a couple pieces from my one leather looking good today as well thanks for the input everyone will post pics next time I get a few free minutes

Fragging is really easy. You just have to have the balls to cut your coral. Every one is scared about killing the coral but if your coral is healthy you should have no problem. How do you think LPS spread in the ocean? Getting banged up against rocks and breaking.

Brian

Yes zoanthids can put out toxins that can be harmful. When You frag them break off a piece of the rock and do it quick as possible so you do not upset the zoas to much.

The zoanthids aren't as fragile as one would think. I've left zoanthids out of the water for up 20 minutes. Just laid a water paper towel over them.

Back