thinking about keeping a small school of chromis in my 34g.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dweebikus

I'm thinking about adding a small school of 3 green chromis to my 34g, would they bother other fish such as a shrimp goby? and would adding my ocellaris clown to this tank be a bad idea?

The Green Chromis is not a small fish, even though you may initially obtain one that is small. They will outgrow that tank in a year or two depending upon their original length and if nourished properly.

So there is a problem answering your question with a simple 'Yes' or 'No.' Very small Chromis will be fine in that tank with the Anemonefish -- for a short time.

sounds like something I don't want to pursue then. I just did a little more looking and it looks like they can grow up to 4". Seems 34g would be pretty small to keep a small school of adults healthy.

I had 3 small chromis in my 34g solana tank and now I only have 2. There really just isn't enough room. I've tried re-introducing 1 or 2 and they are killed off within a week. I think they have paired up but they will soon need to be removed from the tank. Look at some of the smaller cardinal fish or chalk bass.:)

I have to say, the Chalk Bass looks pretty nice, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere nearby. I think I'll stick with my original stocking list and introducing them in this order:

Yasha Hashi Goby w/ pistol or Randall's w/ pistol
Firefish
new clown
bring my old clown over

Back