Thought I'd share.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not a fan, nor a hater. I do feel he deserves his legendary status, certainly. Like I mentioned, I'm not real big on NASCAR, though lately, NASCAR has done a good job of catching up with the times. Now if only they'd lose the pushrod V8....

I went to Daytona during my honeymoon, only a couple months after the crash, and a lot of attention was made to that specific spot in turn 4 during the tour. It's a lot different in person than on TV. That's one seriously steep track! I recall them saying that a car had to maintain 70mph just to stay up on the slope. If I recall correctly, the turn 4 bleachers were given his name.

Every time I see the footage, I can't believe he was even injured in that hit, let alone killed. It's crazy what can happen at 190+mph. I've never moved anywhere near that speed on land. As a rather nice bonus, we had the advantage of seeing the #8 car tire testing that day. Like I mentioned above, I've spent a lot of time in the short track world. These supers are hitting maybe 135mph on the larger tracks. However, to see a brick of a car moving at 190+ was flat out impressive. It take A LOT of power to move that much car that fast.

I believe that would be Robby Gordon that did the Indy and Charlotte race in the same day.

Yes you are right. I miss spoke, err miss typed.

Days of Thunder

What a great movie! :D Did you see my new fishes name? :lol:

That guy was too old school for his own good. Open face helmet... seriously!

YEP!

There is a show about racing safety on one of the discovery channels where they interview a designer for the HANS device. (The HANS device is that funny looking neck roll that you would think belongs on a football player; prevents basilar skull fractures) According to him, Dale Earnheardt was given a HANS device to test and he didn't like it. The designer quotes Earnheardt as saying "I ain't wearing that thing, it will strangle you." With as much influence as Earnheardt had, he could have gotten NASCAR to mandate the HANS device. Poor Adam Petty. :doubt:

Dale Sr.... do we dare start a religious battle here? That guy was too old school for his own good. Open face helmet... seriously!

That's it I am declairing Jihad on you!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh and while were at it..... Gordon is the biggest piece of ..........;)

Back