Tidepool pics in Kauai last week.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
I just got back from Kauai a few days ago and thought I'd post some pics. While exploring the shorebreak in front of the condo we stayed at I found these coral pieces that had broken off. They were sitting in 2-6" of water and were likely doomed. Every morning there were at least a dozen new frags to be found. I wish I could have brought them home but, knowing the laws, I just photographed and returned them to where I found them. The cool part was while photographing the larger frag, a 4" juvenile yellow margin moray eel slithered out of it and down my arm.

Enjoy!

Very nice, I enjoy tidepooling/diving in kauai. Did you get a chance to go to koloa landing? :D

-Josh-:cool:

Seems like the law should allow for preservation of natural reefs, & allow you to take home the frags & save them??????????
Nice shots, wish they weren't doomed though that is a waste, we need more in our oceans.

jetaero said:
Very nice, I enjoy tidepooling/diving in kauai. Did you get a chance to go to koloa landing? :D

-Josh-:cool:
Hey Josh,

Nope didn't make it there. Maybe next time. My favorite beach was Hideaways Beach.

Ahh, yes, Hideaways is an exellent beach. Walk through that fence at the back of the parking lot for the princeville hotel, down that very steep path with a hand rail that appears to have been welded by blind kids with cutting torches, and arive at the nicest little strip of beach man could ask for.

I was diving naked out there for a while, and was suprized to find a family occupying the beach when I was finished diving... Kauai is such a nice place to be.

I was diving naked out there for a while, and was suprized to find a family occupying the beach when I was finished diving... Kauai is such a nice place to be.

wait a minute..... so everyone saw you naked?? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Yeah, came out of the water totally naked. I didnt even have fins or a snorkel to hold, just a dive mask. They inconviently located themselves on the beach about 10ft from my speedo...

On the bright side, I'm not shy, and I think I have a little exhibitionist(or at least naturalist) streak in me, because I enjoy swimming/diving/relaxing much better when naked.

I always just pretend I'm a european :D

Great pictures! Makes me look forward to my vacation even more. Hopefully I'll be staying with my grandparents at their condo in Poipu. Did you make it to the south shore? There are some great sights down there.

Yeah, came out of the water totally naked. I didnt even have fins or a snorkel to hold, just a dive mask. They inconviently located themselves on the beach about 10ft from my speedo...

On the bright side, I'm not shy, and I think I have a little exhibitionist(or at least naturalist) streak in me, because I enjoy swimming/diving/relaxing much better when naked.

I always just pretend I'm a european

LMBO!!! that's good you like to show it off :confused: :lol: :lol: well, at least if any of us ever go snorkeling with you we'll know what's normal :lol: .

sorry for a ll the hijacking dood, i just couldn't resist :p

nano_reeflover said:
Great pictures! Makes me look forward to my vacation even more. Hopefully I'll be staying with my grandparents at their condo in Poipu. Did you make it to the south shore? There are some great sights down there.

I stayed on the east shore and spent most of my time either up north or down south in the Poipu area. Poipu beach park and hideaways were my favorite snorkeling spots for different reasons. There were a buch of eels and other fish at Poipu that I didn't see other places. Hideaways had by far the most coral growth (both diversity/quantity). Of course all I did was snorkel so I was limited to shallower water. Hope some of my underwater shot turn out.

Back