Tiger shark in the Bahamas living up to its name

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Not sure if any of you heard of the tiger shark that was caught here in Nassau about 2 weeks ago, but I thought I'd share a picture of the shark (not the gross ones which I could never post here) as well as give you a bit of info of just how crazy these sharks are!!:eek:

A friend of a friend of mine was out fishing and was fighting with a big grouper he had on their line. Next thing they knew a shark took the grouper and so they fought to pull it in. They were going to release the shark once they got it up to the boat, but after the shark threw up a persons leg, they had no choice but to get the shark out of the water and to land to figure out who's it was and what happened. The Bahamas defense force was called in and the shark's stomach was cut open. What they found shocked everyone!! There was an entire human being (full grown man) inside of the sharks stomach!! Everything from the neck down!! :eek: The shark was a 12ft tiger shark and a greedy one. The fact that he had a full stomach and still grabbed a grouper blew my mind! Some guys from the US were called in to examine the body to determine if the shark killed the man or if he was already dead and the shark just took advantage of a free meal. So far I haven't heard what they found out other than the mans identity. Apparently this guy along with his friend were out in the boat and the boat broke down. Instead of radio-ing someone for help, they figured they'd get into the water and try swim the boat in. Not to smart in an area where sharks were fed. Both guys were reported missing until this one turned up in a sharks stomach. So far the other guy has not been found.

Anyways, here is the picture of the shark. When I get more details as to what actually happened from their investigation, I will let you guys know. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Do you have a link to an article? I tried searching but wasn't able to find one. I'd like more details. I believe reef sharks are one of the more aggressive varieties.

Whoa! Dude I dunno if i would ever swim/dive those the waters again!

LOL!! They say they only eat dead stuff, but I find that hard to believe. That grouper it took off the line sure wasn't dead :shock:

Back