tiggerpods!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jnance

Sailing Anyone?
Any tips on the culture of these little guys.. do i need sand in the sump? light? food? any info...... thanks for the advice..

Breathe, Relax, and Count to ten. It means he's tagging along and wants to see how this goes.

To answer your question; Yes, No, No.

Copepods (its what Tiggerpods are) need Live Rock and Sand to breed and eat food. The food you feed your tank will suffice, as well as the fish waste. Light has no benefit to copepods, except making them hide when they're on. Put ~2-3" of sand in your fuge part of your sump. It should have steady gentle flow. Get some chaeto and put it in there too, as well as 1 or 2 Med-Small pieces of Live Rock. Copepods like to breed in Chaeto, which they eat the stuff that gets caught in it, and at the areas where Live Rock meets the sand bed. Sit back and relax, let them breed on their own and do their thing.

And for your sake, try not to use the kind of tone you just did. It won't get you far in this forum.

dear snowboarda 42
i thought this was a casual forum sorry, i didnt realize we were in church. ill send you some tissues..

Last edited:
Jnance,

I used a bottle of them in my tank. It is used to seed the copepod population in your tank.

Keep in mind it takes up to 30 days for them to reproduce. However, one day you will wake up and wonder what all these little white dots are on the front of your glass. Baby copepods!!.

Back