Time for new skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pepperjack

Hello to all,
I've got a 150 gal tank with about 190 gal total including sumps and fuge. I have been running a turboflotor 1000 multi for about a year or so and ready for an upgrade. Really got my eye on the Reeflo 200. Any comments or suggestions appreciated. Any equal performers out there for same or less price??

SO many skimmers there to choose from, that Reeflow looks really cool with that big pump on the outside LOL, It should be a good skimmer, also Bubble King, Euro Reef to name a few. I'd for sure determine your budget & research to get the best you can afford.

Wouldn't it be cool if we didn't need to consider "the budget" when deciding which skimmer to choose. Accually the price of the Reeflo ($850) would be tops for me.

I recently bought a Reef Octopus for my 150 from Barrier Reef Aquariums for under $300. They did the quick plastic mesh mod right at the store. It really is doing a nice job!

Wouldn't it be cool if we didn't need to consider "the budget" when deciding which skimmer to choose. Accually the price of the Reeflo ($850) would be tops for me.

Bubble master 250. Awesome skimmer.......$800 shipped from reefgeek.com

Ya ATI all the way!
I have a BM200 on my 110G ;)

I too owned the TF1000 and MANY others. Ati's skimmers are by far one of the best I have owned for the size, price, and performance.

yea, i've been looking at the BM250 also. Looks like a toss up between RF200 and BM250.About the same price. Any RF200 users out there??

My vote would go for a H&S 150 F2001 Int. or Ext. You can't beat H&S for all around performance,build quality. Fins Reef imports them and has excellent customer service. You will not find a better bang for your buck skimmer IMO and I have used a couple different high end German skimmers.

Chad

for 190g, in med. budget skimmer world, my vote goes for either the ATI bm200, msx octopus extreme 200, or coralvue octopus pro 200. all of those will beat any h&s or deltec skimmer powered by the AB2001 pumps.

or if you can squeeze a little extra from your budget, go for one of the best skimmers, either bubble king mini 180, or the ATB medium size cone skimmer. both are insane performers with excellent build quality, both are about $1000 each.

Have you considered the MSX 250?
Looks like a BM 250 clone for $300+ cheaper.

Yes, i have checked out the MSX. They will be out of stock for a month or so. I thought i read something about the pumps needing work. Had to be sent back for milling or something. I could be wrong. Been doing alot of reserch and could have it confused with another.

thats true 2....the cheaper ones... sux...

but i was kinda more saying... you shouldnt shop for the highest price ones..

check out aqua C Ev's you could use a mag and maount it internal or external

Yea, after going through two cheaper ones I'm ready for the real deal. Don't want to go through that again. It seems these days 5-$800 is sorta mid price for good skimmers(for 200gal). Read a bunch or reviews on Aqua c. Some good, some bad. I won't be ordering till next week so i'll keep reserching. If i know me, I'll probably end up getting the BK180

Back