tiny gold maxima from LFS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

volivier

I bought this last week at one of our LFS. What do i need to do for it so I can raise it big? I'm running 3 400w 12k reeflux bulbs 8 hours a day.

how big is tiny? if it is smaller than 1 1/2'' then you will need to supplement feed with Phytoplankton and other filter feeding foods, do your research because this clam needs more than just perfect water quality and high light..

Matt

how big is tiny? if it is smaller than 1 1/2'' then you will need to supplement feed with Phytoplankton and other filter feeding foods, do your research because this clam needs more than just perfect water quality and high light..

Matt

what exactly should I feed it? i fed the last of my DT last night, also how often

Matt

You dont need to suppliment feed small clams. No sense in adding phosphate in a bottle.

Don

You dont need to suppliment feed small clams. No sense in adding phosphate in a bottle.

Don

Tiny/small clams cant benefit from sunlight like large ones because of the small size of the mantle, so they filter feed as well as use sunlight. so I guess they do filter feed off the organics that are already in the water..

Matt

Don

that is why I still had the dt, it wasn't good on my chemistry before, but I thought the clam needed it?

Tiny/small clams cant benefit from sunlight like large ones because of the small size of the mantle, so they filter feed as well as use sunlight. so I guess they do filter feed off the organics that are already in the water..

Matt

They benefit just as much as a any other sized clam. The mantle proportionate to their size.:)

Don

size

it is 1 inch and 5/8 using my cheater tape measure with all the lines labeled. I held it to the tank and looked through the water, but pretty sure the size is correct, it might be a little smaller, but more than 1.5"

Back