Tips On My Aquascaping

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Radioman

Hi,

I am posting some pictures of my aquascaping I just did on my 55g soon to be reef tank, if anyone can tell me what they think or give suggestions I would appreciate it

I like everything except for how close the rocks get to the glass on the ends. I didn't leave enough space on the ends in my tank, and now have difficulty cleaning the glass with a long-handled scraper. Also, in one place I had a coral grow too close to the glass for my cleaning magnet to fit through.

How are they attached together?

i would open it up a lot. don't stack anything on top of each other. make caves and overhangs with the pieces so the fish can swim through and under and over and all around.

Thats what I was trying to do, alot of the stacking is done with tonga branch, so its open in the back, another thing was I made sure I could fit all of the glass scraping stuff around the sides, I was trying to make shelves as well to place coral on, I like yours csabubbles, looks good.

Its a Glass Tank

Then you might be able to get by with just a magnet for removing corraline. With an acrylic tank, you would need to use a long-handled scraper for corraline (unless you clean with the magnet very often).

yea dude the cave is a good start on the left side over there. start with that and develop the rest from there. basically you are trying to have the least amount of rock touching (a) another rock and (b) the sand bottom and glass sides.

Sorry Don, didn't see your other question, for the most part they are just locked together, but i did use some reef epoxy, and so far I have only been using a magnet to clean the glass, although I do have a scraper from the past.

Back