tjara03's Solana build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tjara03

Well this is not my first tank but I am still pretty new to the hobby. So I got a Solana in hopes of setting up a small reef to enjoy.

I thought I would share with everyone my little adventure as well as ask questions along the way. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, we had the camera on the wrong settings. I am still learning how to take better pictures of the tank... Enjoy!!

Equipment I have:
34 Gal solana w/ stock pump and skimmer
175W Hamilton Metal Halide Pendant
30lbs LR (thanks to busdriver)
2 Koralia 2's (thanks to dailydriven)
+more

Everything upon arrival! Contents include: Tank, Salt, Hydrometer, Heater, Digital Thermometer, Test Kit, and a few other things...
DSCN2757.jpg

Here it is full of water. I filled it with water in early December but decided not to add anything until after Christmas since we were planning on being out of town for the holidays..
DSCN2761.jpg

Here I am going the 30ish lbs of LR I got and setting up my aquascape. I placed to rock first then I added the sand.
DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2850.jpg

And here it is after I added the water! It didnt take long to clear up.
DSCN2854.jpg

Here is a FTS taken today and a few of its inhabitants! Can someone tell me a good height to have the pendant from the water?
DSCN2936-1.jpg

Can anyone name these clowns? When I purchased them they were labeled as Tomato's but I am not sure...
DSCN2931.jpg

DSCN2922.jpg

DSCN2918.jpg

Any suggestions on other livestock?? I want to start adding some corals as soon as I get the money ;)

My next project is an ATO!

Thanks for looking! I will add more pics later as I add things to the tank (if they are any good at least...)

I would have the skimmer mesh moded. This will really help the performance of the stock skimmer

Ok, so I finished the ATO.

This is the acrylic brace I made for it. I drilled the hole for the tubing a little higher than the float switch so its not in the water. Here are a few pics of the final product..

Great looking tank and yes those are Tomato Clowns.

The reason I ask about the Clowns is because it looke just like the Cinnamon Clowns that are pictured on liveaquaria.

Here is mine:
DSCN2865.jpg

Here is the Tomato Clown on liveaquaria:
p-24000-Tomato.jpg

And the Cinnamon from liveaquaria:
p-86265-Cinnamon.jpg

I know that the pictures on there are not exactly accurate but through web searches I am kinda finding the same thing. I just wanted to be sure on the type of Clowns I have.

Thanks!

Can someone help me figure out what this is? Sorry about the fuzzy pics; these are the best I could do..

DSCN2960-1.jpg

DSCN2964-1-1.jpg

Thanks!

It's so hard to see in those pics but does it have a disc with like tentacles coming out?

Hmm, how can I explain it... Its has one body and seems to have a few seperate disc things-which have little tiny tentacle looking things..

I know its not aiptaisia. And it seems to be attached to the surface of the rock and not in a hole. The body does not retract, but when the lights are off the small tentacle things seem to go down.

Thanks!

Back