TMC V2 Skimmer Bubbles

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

neilsspot

I bought a V2 600 skimmer recently and have set it up only a few days ago. I can't seem to get rid of the micro bubbles as the water enter the tank via the so called bubble stop unit. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have you found a cure?

The skimmer is mounted on the side of the tank with the pump in the tank (No sumps here I'm afraid) and the water passes back through the supplied fiter media in the bubble stop. I can't see anything wrong with the set up so any help would be appreciated.

Also the venturi air intake is quite noisy, does the air silencer fitted on the 800-1500 series skimmers make that much difference? Is it worth the investment?

Ta

Neil

it's going to take any skimmer at least a week before it starts acting like it normally would, perfectly normal to have bubbles returning to the tank until it is broken in.
you could make your own muffler for the air hose if it was too loud with just plumbing parts from the hardware store, 2 end caps and a piece of pvc, then drill holes in the end and fill with polyester filter pad or carbon.

I like the sound of the muffler.

I had a look on TMC's website and someone else has asked the same question about the bubbles so I am guessing that this problem is not uncommon. I will give it a week and see what happens.

Some how I think I will be back in this forum.....

Filter Media

I changed the filter media in the bubble stop today for some new fine wool media. Works perfect!

The muffler is under construction!

Neil:)

Back