to sell or not to sell that is the question...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
okay so im debating whether to sell everything or keep it, the reason i might want to sell it is because my system is very poorly run due to my laziness, and to get it back on track i would want/need to spend about $100,on water, a new tank, more rock, more snails. but if i were to sell it I would make about $200 ish

what size tank is this your talking about? 200 bucks doesnt seem to buy a 10 gallon nano...

Matt

losing interest is not uncommon, its happened to me too! usually a new fish or coral will inspire me to take more time with it. If you need a new tank??? How bad did you let it get?

my tank took care of it self for about 8 years. It was not pretty but not that ugly either. So yo want to stay or go? I think there is no hurry
I had 3 fish if you have fish I would give them away and just keep the tank running IMHO

i say if your reconizeing your lazyness why not just do the right thing and fix it....

why is water so much?

okay so i decided to completely redo the tank, I bought a 20 gal long (i had a 30 before) and I bought some LR and I dug out my old CPR bakpak and got that together, now my tank looks great, I reorganized everything and took out all the sand( my sand was really gross) and put in fresh new water, this time I plan to stick with water changes and keep everything in line.

oh and just a note about how my tank was before (its alittle embarassing), I got the 30 gallon for free and it was in terrible condition , it had scratches and it was really dirty and jsut a peice of junk. Also when I got it i wanted to put in a sump so I drilled a hole in the bottom of my tank and put in a bulk head, but instead of having a normal overflow i had a pvc pipe lol, it looked really bad, and it was really noisy so i didnt have it running, lol. Also over the last few weeks my coroline algea was so bad and out of control i could barley see the bottom half of my tank, and I never did water changes and it was jsut falling apart. But now i am going to take much better care of everything do my weekly water changes and the main thing is jsut to keep it simple, i dont want a refuge or an overflow to sump or any of that I just want to keep it simple and keep ontop of everything.

Back