Toadstool frag & zoo frag

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
When you get zoo polyps from someone with barely no rock attached, how do you secure them to a rock, or do you??? Epoxy?? I also got a toadstool frag, looks like someones ear, lol, where do I put that fella??
:badgrin:

Set the zoo frag in the a rubble pile in the sand, and use a rubberband for the leather , just a single rubberband over the top of the leather and then arround the rock you want it mounted too. Dont be supprised if you end up with two leathers.

Mine was mounted ths way and has split into two, you can see them on my page linked below.

When I frag my leather and mount the babies to LR I use thread and gently tie them to the LR rubble in a way that I want them to attach.

I must be a big wuss when it comes to attaching stuff to rocks. I tried to wedge the leather frag in between two rocks and it must've pissed him off cuz he squirted at me, lol. :eek: Is he ok to leave there???

If it isnt floating around the tank it will be fine as long as it doesnt have too much light.

When you get zoo polyps from someone with barely no rock attached, how do you secure them to a rock, or do you??? Epoxy?? I also got a toadstool frag, looks like someones ear, lol, where do I put that fella??
:badgrin:

You can use superglue gel to glue the zoanthids to a piece of rock.

You can use superglue gel to glue the zoanthids to a piece of rock.
Works great. Do it all the time.

Also, can I expose him to air if I decide to tie him to a rock???
If fragging something fragile I use a shallow tupperware bowl full of tank water. You can tie them etc and still keep them submerged. The leather will be fine exposed for a short time while you tie or rubberband it to a rock.

Back