Tony's 90 gal.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

71lockard

Hello - Krish made a great suggestion that I start a "showcase" thread for my tank. Here is what it looked like at the beginning:

dsc009508cf.jpg

dsc009521nz.jpg

Here is what it looks like today:

tank1.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank5.jpg

Last edited:
These are my residents:

Some zoo's:

zoo3.jpg

zoo2.jpg

My brain corals:
This is the open brain:
open1.jpg

My pineapple brain:
pinapple.jpg

and my favorite brain, maze...
maze.jpg

A cool mushroom that hitchhiked:
mushroom.jpg

Last edited:
My anemones, both are BTA's:
dsc010759cx.jpg

bulb_red.jpg

and my fish...

These are the mated tomato clowns, that my daughter named. They have almost doubled their size since I purchased them!
"Toe" (male)
toe.jpg

and "Mato" (female)
mato.jpg

Here is my new guy, the Powder Blue. He is eating very well, almost too good, voracious. Also quite the original name from my daughter, "Orangutan":
blue6.jpg

blue20ob.jpg

Looks better than when I started, IMHO. Everybody seems very healthy and happy. I add Reef Solutions and calcium. I just added the sump/refugium setup (thanks to my good buddy Krish). My water quality is fantastic! Crystal clear! I have some chaeto on the way for the fuge. Should be here today. I also have 25 lbs. LR curing to add to the system. I ordered a lighting upgrade from my LFS. He is taking my old lights back, for the price I paid! The new one I ordered is here: https://www82.safesecureweb.com/webaquatics/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL53526&Category_Code=CAP2HL

I am going for a LPS/soft tank for now. Would also love to get into clams at some point. I would like to be successful with these guys for sometime before I try more challenging specimens. So far, so good. Thanks to all for the wonderful advice and information. Very glad I found Reef Frontiers. When I searched for a marine forum, I was overwhelmed, there are hundreds. I picked the right one.

I still have much to learn, but we are on our way! Thanks for looking... Tony

Last edited:
Tony, it looks like your off to a great start, make sure you get the proper test kits for calcium and such if your dosing it.....

dood you got a very nice tank :) i love your corals and fishes dood.
i also love your rock work dood.
what type of skimmer do you have?
well my dood krish did a good job by telling you to start a thread about your tank

Thanks Ken. I have been looking online for a good test kit. I have one of those Saltwater Masters kits, but it does not test for calcium...

Gaby, thank you. I have the CPR bak-pak2 skimmer, it works pretty good. I also have a big hang-on one that came with my sump setup. I also have one of those Nautilus TE skimmers on the way. Skimmer city over here, LOL. I think that is the one I will use in the sump. That Krish is alright!

That Krish is alright!

:) Thanks man :)

I wish I could see the pictures, but for some reason this computer here at work is blocking them. I guess I will have to wait until I get home to see the cool shots! I'm glad you started your thread Tony! I saw earlier that you were creating the thread and I said, "Oh yeah...I will be the first to post there!" Too bad I had to run out(LOL) I have no doubt in my mind that your tank will turn out great! Hopefully mine may turn out almost as good as yours:D Best of luck and I'll check out those pictures when I get home...

Hey big guy! It is blocking me too, I think it may be the bandwidth on my cheapo yahoo geocities web service. A free hosted website probably only provides very, very limited bandwidth. Let me see what I can do about that...

It's working now!!! Looks great! You've got some nice coraline growing in there too! I like your powder blue. Hopefully I will have either one of them or a blue hippo tomorrow...

Yes, I looked to see what you use. I am setting up with them right now. It is my bandwidth, they will only allow a few k per hour for free...

Should be fixed now!

You're a genius!:)

Out of curiosity, what is the temperature in your tank? I took the glass off of the top of my tank and it dropped my temp a few degrees...

Cool, I just got my chaeto! I read some about it online, I just need to put it in on top of the mud in the fuge, right? Do I need to attach it? I could put some LR in there for it to grab onto...

I think it may need something to grab onto that's why I put a little LR in mine for when I get some chaeto. Ken has LR in his fuge and I'll see what Steve (wrightme 43) does for his. I'll ask Steve to post here...

I just let it float around. It doesnt seem to attach to anything. I have some L.R. Rubble down there but it never seems to attach to it. Then again I stretch it out and shake it alot to shake pods loose to feed the tank and I pull big handfulls out all the time. It doesnt get any rest. LOL
On a side note, anyone else ever noticed that the green slime algae smells just like canned spinach?

anyone else ever noticed that the green slime algae smells just like canned spinach?

and i thought i was the only one:rolleyes: , just so you knwo when i was pregnant i wanted to eat some of it :D i never did of course but it smell good dood

71lockard said:
Thanks Ken. I have been looking online for a good test kit. I have one of those Saltwater Masters kits, but it does not test for calcium...

I suggest you get a Sailfert Cal. and Mag. test kit at least. Good quaility test kits. It is very easy to get your water out of balance if you are adding suppliments without testing for them...

Steve - thanks, I have it floating there right now. I am setting up the little light for them. I have heard to run that light opposite the display light schedule. Is that what you do?

Ken, cool - I will check those out and order them. I knew I had to get something, thanks for the advice.

Back