Tony's 90 gal.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That looking amazing Tony!! Santa must have just missed my house and went to yours by accident(LOL JK) I love the look! Very nice! Thanks for sharing...Oh BTW, keep an eye on your water temp to see if the new lights don't heat it up too much;)

Thanks Krish! Thanks Gaby! I think they look pretty good too. I like the metallic black much better than the chrome color I had with the old ones.

LFS got me a hanging kit, they are using one just like it in the store. Looks very professional and nice, I think I may do that. I can barely get the lid cover open with the legs on.

I had read about the heat considerations. Today will be my first real test, I just installed last night. I will have to take some readings through out the day and make sure it is stable.

BTW, I had the actinics on last night and a friend of mine dropped by. He said my living room is a bright blue glow as you drive up to my house from the street. He thought I was doing some spot welding in the living room. I got a kick out of it - wonder what the neighbors are thinking?

hehe probably you are gonna have your neighbours dropping cookies just to see what you have in there :D .
But seriously i love your lights dood i think they look really really kewl :)

I picked up a couple new critters!

Here is a clam I got, he is around 3", very pretty:
dsc011039xd.jpg

and here is a Niger Trigger, he is about 2.5":
dsc011101la.jpg

Hey Tony - I have Scott Michael's Marine Fishes. According to him, they can be housed in a reef tank. May nip at sponges, tunicates and ornamental crustaceans and snails - but harmless to corals.

I read on Wetwebmedia that this species of trigger can go either way, sometimes they are aggresive, more often they are fairly mellow. They suggest not letting them get to hungry. I was worried about my little peppermint shrimp, but if you add them first (the shrimp) it can work out. So far so good, it has been about 5 days now. Shrimp comes out at night, but that was the only time I saw him out before the Trigger.

My LFS said he would give me store credit, so I can bring him back if it doesn't work out.

cool.the reason i ask is because i had one in my old 120gal tank and when i switch over to a reef tank it started to nip @ my coral.but then again the niger i had was 3" bigger and it was in a fowlr.i really wanted to keep him in the tank they are cool fish.

good luck
tony

Thanks, yeah maybe the smaller/younger the intro to the reef, the better the chances? We'll see. I don't have any SPS, mainly brains of various types, some zoo's and xenia. The only thing I have seen him mess with so far is the heater! I will keep his progress updated here.

and here is a Niger Trigger, he is about 2.5":

Nice Tony! but I don't think you're allowed to use the "N" word here:shock: JK:lol: They both look really cool. I may have a photo to post myself tonight. The PBT was supposed to have been sent.

Last edited:
Back