top down

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

servo, ok..just some sweet top down shots aren't going to do it. We need some tank specs... asap. ;) awesome!!!

I have a 400 gal SPS dominant tank that has been set up for approximately a year and half. I run 4 400 W 10K reeflux bulbs and really feel like the colors are out of this world. Standard skimming and monthly water changes. The tank is BB, because I have way to much flow!:D When I moved to the DFW area, I wanted to pursue my dream tank. Well, dreams consist of nightmares, but no journey would ever be without bumps in the road. As reefers no matter how "good" things are we are ever tinkering. ;)

Lets see some more top downs!
P1080016.jpg

P1080030.jpg

ahh, the joy of a reeflux bulb. Great shots Ryan. Why I think I was just tinkering this morning... Any time you wanna post more pics I know I'd love to see them.

ahh, the joy of a reeflux bulb.

I always LOVE when people are accused of photoshopping their pics when they are using a reeflux bulb:idea:

The top down is my favorite shot of any reef tank. I have been suppressing the urge to set up a seamless edge shallow top down set up:evil:

and aren't they accused of photoshopping pics....If I read another accusation it'll be too soon. I gotta agree with you on top down shots. I have a magnifying glass I use to look at my tank from the top down and it is awesome to see all the nuiances of the corals, polyps, new branch buds and anything else thats cool.

If your camera has a white balance adjustment you can use a coolwhip lid (or any white plastic) to set the camera so it doesn't look so blue. Just place the lid over or next to the coral and set the white balance. The coral will appear very close to the color as you see it.

HTH,
Kevin

Hey what coral is that in the third pic?

Back