TOTM February

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great looking tank. Going to have to dig through your build thread and get the details on that LED setup. Looks nice.

BTW...Mojo's been using that "premium membership" ploy for years to get people over to his house. He'll slip a couple roofies in your drink and next thing you know you're locked in the basement cleaning fish crap out of skimmers. Kept some Boy Scouts locked down there for a month. You've been warned.

Mike

Last edited:
Great looking tank. Going to have to dig through your build thread and get the details on that LED setup. Looks nice.

BTW...Mojo's been using that "premium membership" ploy for years to get people over to his house. He'll slip a couple roofies in your drink and next thing you know you're locked in the basement cleaning fish crap out of skimmers. Kept some Boy Scouts locked down there for a month. You've been warned.

Mike

Come to think about it... Has anybody heard from CrazyFish lately?????

CONGRATS! But you HAVE to give us more info on your system. What params are the water, how often do you water change, what's the monthly maintenance schedule like? Oh My! I am just FULL of questions! What a beautiful tank!

Is there any reason why you use just kalk and not a calcium reactor? This curious mind wants to know! LOL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL

CONGRATS! But you HAVE to give us more info on your system. What params are the water, how often do you water change, what's the monthly maintenance schedule like? Oh My! I am just FULL of questions! What a beautiful tank!

Is there any reason why you use just kalk and not a calcium reactor? This curious mind wants to know! LOL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL

Thank everyone so much for the nice words again. Well our water params are pretty normal with 1300~ Mg, 430~ Ca, 8.0~ dKH, 77*. We are struggling with some PH issues right now that we are trying to figure out if it's an actual PH issue or a PH monitor issue. There is just too much fluctuation for our liking. We do a 40 gal water change about every 4-6 weeks and change the BRS carbon at that time. We run a dual chamber BRS carbon reactor and use the ROX 0.8 media. Other than that it is just clean the glass daily and keep an eye on things.

We are using Kalk right now because it is what we had the equipment for. We are planning on changing over to a Ca reactor some time in the near future as well as adding ozone.

Congrats for the TOTM. Such an awesome display of colors and the overall workmanship is super.

Cheers,
Alex

Back