Tridacna crocea

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

doublenut

Tridacna Crocea Clam getting picked on

I have had this clam for over a year he is over 5 inches long. A while back I added a flame angle and a coral beauty to my tank. Suddenly today the flame and the Coral Beauty decide they want to pick on the clam he was closed for a couple of hours. I pulled him and put him in a 5 gallon bucket of salt water with a heater, power head and a compact light. He opened right up. What can I do to make them stop. Why after being in the tank for so long did they decide to pick on him now. Is there a way to get him back in. Thanks JIM

Last edited:
Thanks returnofsid, Thats what I was afraid of. I went through spokane last weekend after returning back this way from spending thanksgiving in Kalispell. I love spokane your lucky to be over there. Jim

Yes, even if people house clams with angels and swear they are ok with each other, it will be just a matter of time before the fish starts nipping.

You can place the clam in the tank but you will need to protect it. You can take a clear 2 litre plastic bottle and cut it in half, fill it with 1/4" holes for circulation. Place it over the clam, this should shield it from the fish until you can remove one or the other from the tank.

Back