True Power Compact full tank shots, PLEASE NO t-5 OR mh.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

briang

Am I the only one with a true power compact tank? 75 gal. 390 watts Most animals 2 plus years, clam,1-1/2 years
Newnewpics-05.jpg

Last edited:
I ran 440watts VHO for over two years and had great success. When I started adding higher end SPS they did not retain color so I did add MH and they are brilliant. Nothing wrong with Powercompact or even VHO, just can limit you on some corals you might want to have.

Am I the only one with a true power compact tank? 75 gal. 390 watts Most animals 2 plus years, clam,1-1/2 years
Newnewpics-05.jpg

Dying breed you are!:) With the advancements in lighting PC kinda fell out of favor 3-4 years ago for a few reasons, intensity of light, and bulb life.

Another PC user here. 4 x 96 watts over my 135, 2 x 10K white and 2 x 50/50 smart bulb.

They run "cool" over my plexiglass tank, and bulbs are cheap at $25 each.

I find no reason to upgrade as it works for my softies and most sps.

Dying breed you are!:) With the advancements in lighting PC kinda fell out of favor 3-4 years ago for a few reasons, intensity of light, and bulb life.

I'll DIE with my PC'S ON :badgrin:

Last edited:
$25??? I get all of PC bulbs for $10 each. 65 and 96 watt square or straight pin.
hellolights.com is one of our sponsors and has regular sales on PC's. I signed up for their emails and order when they go on sale for $10 a bulb.

$10 a bulb seems almost too good to be true, I'll check them out. Is that screamin' good deal for all spectrums too?

Going out to hellolights web site, unless they have blow out sales, they are the standard $40 - $45 for 10K or 50/50 bulbs.

I buy most my bulbs from Ahsupply.com, or marinedepot.com. Depending on what prices and spectrum I'm looking for.......

ahsupply is $29 right now, same with marine depot for 10K bulbs. In over 9 years of running PC bulbs, I've never ever seen $10 bulbs unless they're old style yellowish 5K or 6500K spectrum and are being discontinued.......be sure to post next time you see a sale! thanks!

Last edited:
Here's the last shot of my 38g before I replaced the PCs with MH. 4x96w.
fulltank_062505_large.jpg

Here's the same tank, a year and half later, under 2x150w MH.
fulltank_020907_002.jpg

fulltank_020907_002.jpg
Your tank looks great. But if I were interested in keeping those kinds of corals, I wouldn't have even thought about using PC's

Sherman, upon looking at your post, As hard as I tried to resist' I just can't help but to throw you out a friendly, DUHH!

PC Bulbs $10 each

For the Nay Sayers.... Sale is on now $10 a bulb!
http://www.hellolights.com/

$10 a bulb seems almost too good to be true, I'll check them out. Is that screamin' good deal for all spectrums too?

Going out to hellolights web site, unless they have blow out sales, they are the standard $40 - $45 for 10K or 50/50 bulbs.

I buy most my bulbs from Ahsupply.com, or marinedepot.com. Depending on what prices and spectrum I'm looking for.......

ahsupply is $29 right now, same with marine depot for 10K bulbs. In over 9 years of running PC bulbs, I've never ever seen $10 bulbs unless they're old style yellowish 5K or 6500K spectrum and are being discontinued.......be sure to post next time you see a sale! thanks!

Hello;

I am very happy some don't follow the crowd! :D

I've tried to mention lighting in posts but, they get shot down faster than an Iranian Jet! :)

Very nice looking tanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We could go out for a nice Seafood dinner if you don't buy that bucket of Salt Mix!"

"Wife"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!

OFM

fulltank_020907_002.jpg
I dont care what you say not tetons to be rude or nothing but I dont believe those are the same tanks

Where is the coraline algae??? Why would you not want that ANYWHERE in the tank

I'm calling your bluff sorry, oh and I thought this was of lighting only!!! LOL

Liar liar. I dont believe it why would you let the coraline algae build up that much on it at first then just keep it spot less a year later???

sorry I was wrong I take it back I see the tomato clowns in the new picture also and I guess under the right conditions your sps could grow like that in almost 2 years good job

But the question still stands why would you not want ANY coraline algae

Your tank looks great. But if I were interested in keeping those kinds of corals, I wouldn't have even thought about using PC's

Hmm I see an anemone, a corcea, 3 or 4 different montis, and what looks like an SPS i the upper left hand corner. Looks to me like your trying to keep high light creatures =P

Back