True Power Compact full tank shots, PLEASE NO t-5 OR mh.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The ONLY thing in my tank that shouldn't be there is my crocea, and that's because I went to a fish store in NY and they assured me that it was the lesser light demanding clam. Thier tanks were beautiful. How was I to know that the owner of the store didn't know what the heck he was talking about? I used to trust their advice. Live and learn.My monties started out as INVISABLE hitchhikers on my kenya tree and they grow like weeds, I've given away alot of frags. But as you said, What's that crocea doing in there? For this reason I had to go out and get a set of T-5s. But everything else was totally healthy for 2 to 4 years.

sorry I was wrong I take it back I see the tomato clowns in the new picture also and I guess under the right conditions your sps could grow like that in almost 2 years good job

But the question still stands why would you not want ANY coraline algae

Its called skilz, if you check out his posts in the photo section...he used photoshop to get rid of the coraline or anything else for that matter in the back. He even gives a little mini shop/class on how to do it on one of his posts...http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11144

Great thread to learn how to take good tank shots and doctor them as needed

Please, it wasn't my intent to hijack this thread completely. I'm sorry about that, briang. I had a PC shot, so I shared it, but thought I'd compare it to the same tank under MH. Unfortunately, that derailed your thread.

Yes, I scrape all the coralline off the back glass religiously, but those two shots are a year and a half apart, as well. And yes, I use Photoshop heavily to make the tank as true as to the naked eye as possible. For any questions, feel free to PM me.

Now... does anyone have any more PC lighting shots? I'd like to see them, also!

Please, it wasn't my intent to hijack this thread completely. I'm sorry about that, briang. I had a PC shot, so I shared it, but thought I'd compare it to the same tank under MH. Unfortunately, that derailed your thread.

Yes, I scrape all the coralline off the back glass religiously, but those two shots are a year and a half apart, as well. And yes, I use Photoshop heavily to make the tank as true as to the naked eye as possible. For any questions, feel free to PM me.

Now... does anyone have any more PC lighting shots? I'd like to see them, also!

No problem, I do love your tank. The funny thing is, almost 2 years ago my LFS sold me a crocea and told me it was one of the least light demanding clams. Well it did do great under my PC's 9 inches from the light but now that it got a lot bigger, you guys pointed out that it looked like it was needing more light. So a few weeks ago I had no choice but to get T-5's over the clam. Well I'm greatful that his color is so much better. NOW I can't even post a picture in my own thread LOL.:rolleyes: But as you can see, everyone else in that tank was very healthy and if not for the lfs total misguidence I would be very happy with my PC's. By the way, I recently went back to that store to tell them they were giving out wrong information and they disagreed. I had to take out one of thier books to prove it to them.:badgrin: By the way, that's the clam in my avitar.

Last edited:
Back