tube snails

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jtmzrose

I have these snails showing up on my rock every where. they are anchored to the live rock and put out snotty webs everywhere. they do not seem to be hurting anything but my tank is starting to become overrun with them. I bought a harliquine shrimp to reduce the number of predatory starfish in my tank, is there something comaprable that will reduce the number of tube snails?

Thanks for the info. I guess I am off to get a copperbanded and a couple more hermit crabs. Have you had any experience with how effective either of these are at controling the snails?

No luck with hermits here. Unfortunately my tank is too small to keep a Copperband. I've heard they can do a fine job, but sometimes it's hit or miss. Good luck. :)

I bought 10 hermits and we will see how they do. I am trying to avoid a copperbanded as I would like to have some feather worms. I have a guy telling me there are some wrasse out there that will eat the snails. Anyone ever hear of this?

Thanks for the input. That was one of the first fish I bought 6 months ago. It is not doing the job either. How about the Harliquin Tusk? It is not a wrasse but I have heard they could eat them as well (same guy). Are they reef safe? I already have an angel fish that eats all my zoos. I hope not to repeat that mistake.

Back