Tunze shout out

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just had one 6105 on the left middle about 5" from the top.

You want to add to 6105's and 6055's to a 120g? Did you want to keep any Sand or softies or even lps? Lol with all those pumps you will have a crap ton of flow in there I don't think your fishies can swim in that current..lol

Seriously you will do just fine with 2x6055's set to push pull each other.
Look into making a diy controller for these so you can fine tune the wave.

tunze are hands down my favorite pumps...
in my 20g, i had some issues with sand blowing away... (only 12" tall)
but i kno a 6045(1200gph) is kinda pushing it for that size... :)
i just put rocks in the corner that the sand blew away from and now it's all good.

I use the two 6105's, one on each end. On one side the powerhead is pointed more toward the front glass and on the other one, it's pointed slightly towards the back glass.
I also use a Poseidon P-4 on a closed loop going to 2 sea-swirls.
I also use a Poseidon P-4 for the main return pump and a Eheim 1262 for a chiller pump.( used to be a P-2).
This is on my 240 gallon soft coral tank, with sand.

I use two of the 6055's on my zoanthid tank, that is 30"x20"x18", that also has a sand bottom.

On both tanks, there is one spot that sand will not stay, but they are small areas that don't bother me.

My 120g has Argonite sprecial grade reef sand...fairly course. I've been running two 6105's near the bottom (mounted on the back wall), pointed up into the rock structure...so the flow has been somewhat obstructed. I've also been running an MP40W on the left side, about 2/3's of the way up. My thinking has been for the 6105's to keep things stirred up near the bottom and back...I think this is "sort of" working, but I may not be getting the full advantage of the pumps. The tank, or one much like it, will eventually be located near our TV viewing area...I'm about 100% positive the wife isn't going to tolerate the noise of the Vortech. So I was thinking of pulling the MP40W, then putting the two new 6055's near the bottom, pointed into the rock structure, and moving the 6105's up higher, directed towards the front of the DT (at an angle). From looking at the pump specs I was figuring that at the minimum for each pump, I'd be looking at 17x flow, 80x flow at maximum, and on a random flow pattern, more like 40-60x at any given time.

Here's how I had my two Tunzes setup. I think this placement is one of the best when it comes to two powerheads. The one on the left put out 1600 gph full blast and the one on the right put out 1850 gph on a controller that I throttled back to maybe 50% then let it go all out etc.

I put two in my 180 and it is alot of flow. Somuch that I have both turned down all the way with the controller turned down to a quarter power. I love them and would not go any other way. The spherical design just aids in the magic. you can put the any where and aim them any where.

can the apex control these without a controler from tunze.....looking for more flow in my 40 frag tank( i have a k3 and k4 in there now) and what size would you suggest for the 40b

can the apex control these without a controler from tunze.....looking for more flow in my 40 frag tank( i have a k3 and k4 in there now) and what size would you suggest for the 40b[/QU

I really hope so since that is what I was planning on doing.

Back