Tunze Streams

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
I was wondering...Can the tunze streams be angled like the Seio's on their brackets or is it limited to flow in one direction? I can rotate my Seio's to point basically anywhere I want them to, but I've never found any info anywhere to say if th tunze streams can do the same thing.

Krish I have 2 tunze's 6100 on a controller and I love them. My only complaint would be their mounting bracket. I finally got so frustrated with them that I bought the magnet mounts for both of them.

My only complaint would be their mounting bracket

What was wrong with them? I love my Seio's they are doing their job, but I would rather if they were black like the Tunze (LOL...OCD) Also, the Tunze are the real thing and I figured if the Seio's are just an immitation and work as good as they do, then the Tunze should be outstanding.

Oh don't get me wrong the tunzes are fantastic. I have a Seio in my 24g nano and it works OK but in my mind there is no comparison. Of course that is a little like comparing apples to oranges because I run the Tunzes in my 230g but still. No it is just the bracket that they use to mount the pump onto the tank itself that I found frustrating. My tank has a brace all the way around the top so I had to mount on that and it kept slipping off or changing the direction I had the pump pointed (mostly once they were running it would push back on the brace making the pump point more to the bottom than I wanted) Anyway the magnets work wonderful - they never move except when I move them to change the direction of my flow.

Yea, I think that the bracket suck as well. You can't mount them to your tank if you have a canopy unless you mount them to on the back of the tank, or make brackets for your canopy. I am thinking about getting the magnet mounts too, another $100. You can angle them about 45 degrees. By the way, they are not black. They are a rather unattractive brown. I have no idea why but apparently it is the official Tunze color. They get covered with coraline soon enough though.

They are a rather unattractive brown

Brown! Gross (LOL) Forget that idea. The picture of it looks black. It's a good thing I didn't order it. I think I know what you'll mean by the bracket because my Seio has the same one and I can't use it. Thanks again for your replies.

krish75 said:
Brown! Gross (LOL) Forget that idea. The picture of it looks black. It's a good thing I didn't order it. I think I know what you'll mean by the bracket because my Seio has the same one and I can't use it. Thanks again for your replies.

Not all are brown. I think they changed to black, I just ordered one 6000 last week and they asked if I wanted black or brown.

Don

They are black from marine depot now. At least the 6100s and 6200s that have been sent to me are. So were the magnetic mounts.

Oh...Good. I'll have to make up my mind then. It will either be the tunze stream or I might make my own closed loop system with an external pump. I like my Seio's, but they are kinda noticeable. You never know though, I might still keep them...The color is growing on me. (LOL) ODC bigtime!

Tunze are hella cool. Not to down closed loops not at all. I would just for me, rather have a thing I can remove than a bunch of large holes drilled in my tank. Just my opinion and that is all it is. Steve

Steve, I wish I could drill, but my tank is glass (LOL). I was thinking of maybe a closed loop similar to Marc's over at Melev's reef. More work, but will be less noticeable in the tank.

Back