Tunze Wavebox and AGA 180 with standard overflows

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marinelife

SaltGeek
I am looking at getting the Tunze Wavebox for my 180 with corner overflows but I look at videos and read the threads about the noise and wave moving the water up 1" or more, does anyone have one in the old style AGA with the corner overflow. if so do you have any problems with the wave going to high or the noise

Marinelife, I have never personally seen or heard of anyone with the tunze wave box. I like the concept, but I'm not sure realistically how well they work. For one, it seems like you have to lower your water level so it doesn't spill over the tank. Also, I'm not too sure how well they will work with overflows. From what I've seen from the video clips, it looks like it may cause a problem with the overflows not having a constant flow of water into it which in turn, may cause some problems like air getting trapped in the intake pipe to the sump which could give you gulping sounds. Just a few thoughts I had, but not sure if it made any sense(LOL)

Well, I think that is cool then. Atleast they didn't leave those of who have overflows out of the equation in getting one(LOL).

marinelife - were the tanks with problems smaller than a 6 foot length? I thought if you had a tank shorter than 6 feet in length you might get more issues like that, as the short tank length wouldn't allow for the wave to die off, so to speak.

I know of a local guy who has a wavebox on his 180 without any problems. I've heard great things about the wavebox.

I have one for my 270 gallo (72*36*24) and I think it will be ok. I had a home made surge tank on a 180 before and loved the flow but hated the fact that is was not 100% reliable.

For this tank I have a Iwaki 100RLT with 4 penductors, a wave box, twin 6100 streams and 3 6080's.

Back