Two Anemone Questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Qburt

Have a 40 Gallon with a Magnifica Anemone and a RBTA. There hasn't been any issues for the entire time I have had them, however, the RBTA decided to go for a walk today and is REALLY close to my Magnifica. Should I be concerned? I do know some anemone will fight, but I am unable to get details between these two particular anemone, so i took to the board.

Second Question...Have another 40 gal tank with about 20 pounds of rock, lots of open sand and a Green Carpet anemone that I got a week ago. I have been preparing for this anemone for MONTHS and now that I put it in the tank, he will not anchor.

Levels -
No2 - 0
NH 3/4 - 0
No3 - 5
Cal - 400
PH - 8
Alk - 7.5 DkH
Po4 - .25

I have two 10,000K LED (23W Ea) on the tank at 120 deg

Any suggestions? Or just give it time? I ask, because today I got home and the poor buggar had somehow tipped on its face and was upside down. Righted him and i could tell it was pretty stressed.

I have tried clearing a spot down to the glass, placing a rock under the sand for it to grip, and when I put it in the tank, I plced it next to a rock in case it wanted the heavier rock to wedge under.

Basically, I am at a loss.

What kind of carpet anemone is the green one? Close up pics will definitely help if you don't know the type of carpet.

It's a Green Haddon's Carpet Anemone. It is currently flat against the sand, I think it finally anchored...but I just got home. I will wait a few hours and slowly turn to flow back up to medium and see if it gets pushed out of place..currently the flow is on REAL slow.

Besides the anemone, there are only some shrimp and snails in the tank. I designed it to show off the anemone. The good news is that it finally anchored. woot! So now I can relax and enjoy it.

Back