Two Questions: Tuxedo and Watchman

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

So my first question about my tuxedo urchin is that he picks up hermit shells and carries them with him. . . Is this just for fun or is there a purpose. Sometimes he will grab one that still have a crab in it!

Another is I got a yellow watchman and a candy pistol shrimp at two different times. I was curious how to get them to pair. They are at two different sides of the tank and the watchman seems to alternate between his favorite spots. Do I take them out together and put them into a smaller tank?

That is there camouflage. They will gather what ever they can and actually rotate their stock. That actually means that he is happy and healthy, when you see him bare start finding more for him to eat. Good luck :)

My tuxedo has new stuff attached all the time. Kind of fun to see what he looks like from day to day. Really cool creatures and I think its one of the best things in my tank.

I have 5 urchins in my 90. I love them! You never know what they are gonna be packing. One was packing a cluster of zoas one day. The zoas had fallen behind some rock, I was able to recover them and get secured on a frag plug. Thanks little dude!...Also like the fact that they do a great job of keeping algae at bay. I'll never be without an urchin.

Back