Tying the knot this weekend....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

congrats! if your looking for more benefits in being married, have kids; you get about a thousand dollars off your taxes. but kids cost more in the long run. hopefully my kids get a good job and take care of us when we need to wear diapers

Congrats. Yeah you also get a big discount on auto insurance so dont forget to call. We saved 70 per month and since we paid in advance we got a nice little refund.

I hope you all had fun..
Enjoy..
Yes Call you insurance guy.. I got mine down even more with auto pay out of my account

Well Brie, let us know how the special day went? Did you get pics of you both with Leonard and Stan? That would be cool. Like to see them when you get a chance.
Take care and congratulations again.

Just a quick update, yep it was awesome...

We ended up not getting the certifiate signed, for multiple reasons.. The lines were just TOOOO long.. Like from one end of the building to the other kind of long. And to do both leonard nemoy and stan lee, get the certificate signed and to get our photos taken with both, would of been $240ish. But we did get our picture taken with Leonard Nemoy... Will prolly be a while til we get it though, with the amount of photos they have to print and mail out. Hopefully they get my digital copy emailed to me before then...

I'll post all the photos that I have when I get home from work today. :)

One of the cooler things to of happened was when we went through the Halo booth to have the group of Microsoft guy sign a poster for Mike. He mentioned to one of them that we had just gotten married in the lobby that morning. They all got a kick out of it and thought it was the coolest thing ever.. The guys in turn told one of the gals working at the table about it, and she was SUPER excited. lol. Like "OMG! SHUT UP! THATS AMAZING!" kind of excited. lol. She wanted to interview us on tape about it, which I politely turned dow. But then she asked if we wanted a wedding present.. so we were like "uhh.. sure?".. She turns around, grabs a big Halo backpack up off the floor and says "You guys get our grand prize!".. (They held a raffle all weekend.. so apparently this was the grand prize for the raffle).. Inside this awesome Halo backpack was a TON of books.. Like every Halo gameguide, 2 hardcover graphic novels, a coffeetable hardcover Halo Encyclopedia, Red vs Blue on DVD, Some figures, a t-shirt and I dunno what I might be leaving out. But it was damn cool of them.. lol.

Last edited:
She turns around, grabs a big Halo backpack up off the floor and says "You guys get our grand prize!"..

That was really nice of her to do.

You both had a great time, thats good.

We ended up not getting the certifiate signed, for multiple reasons.. The lines were just TOOOO long.. Like from one end of the building to the other kind of long. And to do both leonard nemoy and stan lee, get the certificate signed and to get our photos taken with both, would of been $240ish. But we did get our picture taken with Leonard Nemoy... Will prolly be a while til we get it though, with the amount of photos they have to print and mail out. Hopefully they get my digital copy emailed to me before then...

I'll post all the photos that I have when I get home from work today. :)

One of the cooler things to of happened was when we went through the Halo booth to have the group of Microsoft guy sign a poster for Mike. He mentioned to one of them that we had just gotten married in the lobby that morning. They all got a kick out of it and thought it was the coolest thing ever.. The guys in turn told one of the gals working at the table about it, and she was SUPER excited. lol. Like "OMG! SHUT UP! THATS AMAZING!" kind of excited. lol. She wanted to interview us on tape about it, which I politely turned dow. But then she asked if we wanted a wedding present.. so we were like "uhh.. sure?".. She turns around, grabs a big Halo backpack up off the floor and says "You guys get our grand prize!".. (They held a raffle all weekend.. so apparently this was the grand prize for the raffle).. Inside this awesome Halo backpack was a TON of books.. Like every Halo gameguide, 2 hardcover graphic novels, a coffeetable hardcover Halo Encyclopedia, Red vs Blue on DVD, Some figures, a t-shirt and I dunno what I might be leaving out. But it was damn cool of them.. lol.

Pics or it didn't happen.......:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::)

Ok finally, here's some pictures...

I look like crap in these.. Was a little disappointed about how totally non photogenic I am.. Didnt help that the friend I had take these was a total photo noob, so didn't get the best of angles or anything. lol

Sekou(the hobbit marrying us) did the whole Old Spice commercial.. "Look at your man, now look at me, now look at your man, now look at me. Sadly, he's not me. But he could smell like me..." etc etc and so on. It was pretty funny.
4444306202_908373dc0e_o.jpg

4444306110_c3a03bc839_o.jpg

Sekou looks like he's trying to look a giraffe in the face....
4444306154_c5dc85ff6b_o.jpg

4444306242_0b06ab005d_o.jpg

Annddd the paperwork.
4443535325_30d1e9bb86_o.jpg

Some other con pictures...

Myself and Johnen Vasquez, the creator/artist of Invader Zim and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. I had him sign my first issue of JtHM that I have had for 13 years. It was super cool getting to meet him.
4444306368_ea07183df2_o.jpg

Myself and Jason Pearson, artist of Deadpool, my fav marvel character... He was a super nice guy. I picked up a couple prints from him that he signed.
4443535383_2a88799d47_o.jpg

Mike with Josh Ortega, writer for Gears of War and other things. Another super cool dude. Very friendly and hyper as hell.
4443535761_dd0a0dfb12_o.jpg

Mike with Thomas Jane. He looked hung over as ALL HELL. lol.
4443535473_09389781f3_o.jpg

And all the stuff that the aweome Halo/Microsoft guys/gal gave us as a wedding present...
4444306532_a1122ff0c1_o.jpg

4443535679_2709ab3341_o.jpg

Oh, and last but not least. The little wedding cake my grandfather and mother had waiting for me when I got home.. :p They were both all atwitter, even though my whole family knows i'll be having a "real" wedding later this summer, and the thing at the con was just to get everything legalized so I can get on Mike's health insurance. lol. Still, it was nice of them, and it tasted awesome. LOL.
4443535579_52f0f0a777_o.jpg

Great pics brie. I'm a little jealous now, Thomas Jane is rad and its a crime he wasn't in the 2nd punisher. I bet that was pretty cool getting to meet all those guys at the con.

Tom

Back