Ty's 180g Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys! Ya, I love the anthias too. They are by far the most active fish I've ever seen, hence feeding them 5 times a day!

Well, I don't quite have a full male yet. Two of them are trying to figure who's going to switch. I think I know which one will, but right now it's a lot of flaring dorsal fins and mouth fighting between the two. Yesterday was by far the worse, but after one fight, there was nothing for the rest of the day and today they're great.

Feeding is hard with them. I have to say that tank mates make a huge difference. I got them eating freeze dried and frozen mysis while in QT, then when they went into the DT, they were just fine. In previous experience with anthias, I did no QT, which was the problem. They would go strait from LFS to DT and would hide and I wouldn't see them anymore.

3.25.2009 New Bulb Photos

I just got some new Actinics for the tank and man do they make the colors pop! Here are some shots of corals and a few of the fish. The two anthias shots are of both the males. They're so fast it's hard to get a clear shot!

FTS325.jpg

1.jpg

GS.jpg

BH.jpg

CC.jpg

Gcopy.jpg

P.jpg

T.jpg

Naso.jpg

YT.jpg

MA2.jpg

MA.jpg