Ultimate Zoanthid Guide

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the link. I neat site for a newbie like me who has a wife that whenever a zoo pic comes up says "Can we get that?".

Shane

Thanks for the heads up, great link!

What huge ZOA diversity!

Guess I have some catchin' up to do. Hope everybody is doin' good out there, haven't been on RF in a while. Chio

Oh yea forgot to say DO NOT show to wifey! Unless you are rich, because you know she will pick out the 200 dollar per polyp one that she just has to have.

This place is ok! I'm confused with the names? I notice they took the original pic from reef hot spot of darth mauls and they are calling them ultra snake charmers palys ( metallic orange snakeskin w purple eye ) orange soprano var? what??? i ? there naming!

So i guess my dm are not dm there what there saying:badgrin:!
I'll stick with zoaid aka cp! real deal
This sight is very pretty i might have to say!
Imo, i dont trust most of there id'ing!

I've been bouncing back and forth from both the sites for past half hour and officially i think i've gone color blind from all the colors.. I still only found like one of my zoos between the two sites.

Mostly every z&P i have is id'ed from coralpedia with correct name!
Going threw there site is a name wronging headache!
For example the guy from florida rick or rich he's gpe's are in there as something else!
Not tryin to bash the site it's nice lookin tho:cool:

Mostly every z&P i have is id'ed from coralpedia with correct name!
Going threw there site is a name wronging headache!
For example the guy from florida rick or rich he's gpe's are in there as something else!
Not tryin to bash the site it's nice lookin tho:cool:

I dont think anything but the scientific name can be the "correct" name.

example "freak-a-leak whammers" c'mon, its all goofy stuff.

And also at the top is the disclaimer.

"*not meant to be a "zoa bible" - but a compendium or reference / wishlist ect..."

But read the bottom this guys been doing this since the beginning, Coralpedias 1st zoo pic is from 2005.

This place is ok! I'm confused with the names? I notice they took the original pic from reef hot spot of darth mauls and they are calling them ultra snake charmers palys ( metallic orange snakeskin w purple eye ) orange soprano var? what??? i ? there naming!

I found some Darth Mauls on page 3. Below the garden.

Last edited:
I dont think anything but the scientific name can be the "correct" name.

example "freak-a-leak whammers" c'mon, its all goofy stuff.

And also at the top is the disclaimer.

"*not meant to be a "zoa bible" - but a compendium or reference / wishlist ect..."

But read the bottom this guys been doing this since the beginning, Coralpedias 1st zoo pic is from 2005.
No doubt i was trying to dis your thread in no way!
It's a good view you brought it up, but the thing is almost everyone goes off coralpedia which is a known spot to id coral and a place to name a coral for id'ing! Can you name them there? Should i sell my darth maul's as snake charmer paly's LoL ppl would laugh at me and be like dude those are dm duh! Lighting & parameters can make a zoa change its feature's and be named something else at least coralpedia shows you examples of that typical zoa in other tanks and dont use other websites photos to name them something else! You mention you wish you knew of this spot back then, so you can go off phoney names? jus my buck 50 haha

Back