Underwater photos from Hawaii

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krisfal

For a slideshow of all my underwater photos from Hawaii click here

For a slideshow of all my Hawaii pictures on Flicker click here

I want to get a bigger flash so I can really make the colors pop out on the coral and fish. The Manta Ray pictures are not that great as I was having to choose between taking pictures and holding on for dear life in the heavy surge.

Enjoy!

Great Pics

Those are wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing! Snorkeling and diving is sooo awesome isn't it? I think having a reef tank makes you appreciate it even more.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I had a blast getting these pictures (okay maybe the ray pictures weren't a lot of fun but it was exhilarating:rolleyes:)

It was snorkeling that first got me wanting a reef tank, but I really enjoyed the snorkeling and diving a lot more after having a tank. I looked at the diversity of the life a lot more and also could name many of the fish I saw.

Cannot wait to go again. We are talking about going back to Hawaii this summer.

Just realized the link for the slideshow of my Hawaii shots is not working so try THIS

Last edited:
Nice shots, which island, and where.
Let me guess, Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii's Big Island?

You got the Island right.

We did 4 dives:
Kaloko Arches
Rabbi Reef
Pawai Bay
Keauha Bay-Night Dive

We snorkeled anyplace it was safe to get in the water (winter is high surf so we had several days where we just could not get in safely). Many of the places I do not know the name-We were staying in Milolii (1 - 1 1/2 hours south of Kailua-Kona) and snorkeled many of the beaches in that area.

One very nice place for snorkeling/diving that we went to (and it is where the sea turtle pictures and video were taken) was the area right outside Puʻuhonua O Hōnaunau National Historical Park. The locals called the place 2 step as it had a nice stepped shelf entry.

You got the Island right.

One very nice place for snorkeling/diving that we went to (and it is where the sea turtle pictures and video were taken) was the area right outside Puʻuhonua O Hōnaunau National Historical Park. The locals called the place 2 step as it had a nice stepped shelf entry.

That is the bay I was referring to. Near Capt Cook. Have done a lot of skin diving there

The dolphins were a bonus on one of the dive trips. We pulled into a bay and there were hundreds of spinner dolphins. Our guide asked us if we were interested in snorkeling with dolphins. Needless to say we all were:lol:.

For me it was one of those things I always wanted to do~swimming with wild dolphins. It was really neat because you could here them coming before you actually saw them~whistling and clicking, then you would suddenly see them appear out of the deep blue. We got to spend about twenty minutes with them before they took off.

I was in such awe over the experience I did not take as many pictures as I would have thought :D

Back