Unwanted Briarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bexlee

:(Hi is there anybody out there who can help me please. I bought a lovely acropora about three months ago which had some interesting growth on it which I now understand to be brown briarium.Basically it has overtaken my tank and is growing rapidly. I have taken some of the live rock out and scrubbed it with a brush but to no avail is there anything I can do to get rid of it either living that can eat it or something to add to the water many thanks Bexlee.

Hi thanks for the reply I have hopefully attached a photo of it with this. It is not the same as your photo.It literally grows while you watch it and I don't want it to spread anymore have you any ideas how to get rid of it thanks Bex

short of taking out all your rocks, scrubbing and cooking them for a few months? No...I wish I did. But then again, I'm far from being any kind of expert I was just trying to solicit more info. from you so that someone here might be of assistance. I sympathize with the frustration you must be feeling over this plague, though. :|

Hopefully one of the resident experts may chime in with a suggestion that's better than pulling out all your rock.

Hi thanks for the reply I have hopefully attached a photo of it with this. It is not the same as your photo.It literally grows while you watch it and I don't want it to spread anymore have you any ideas how to get rid of it thanks Bex

Ugly stuff. :eek:

Back