Update From Sunny Western Australia

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

poppie

Well its almost Christmas and we still have not had temp over 30C, so much for installing refrigerated reverse cycle airconditioning.

Just a few pics of the tank inhabitants.:)
1ck1.JPG

1ck2.JPG

1ck3.JPG

1ck4.JPG

1ck5.JPG

Frontal of the tank and lighting by two Lumenarc type reflectors
1ck7.JPG

1ck6.JPG

Enjoy:D

Poppie

May the" Genie of Reef Tanks Bless me".... with a Simmilar Tank in my own home............! nice tank, thanks for sharing... how long have you hand the corals... ? cw.:)

The tank is 6foot X 2X 2
Sump two X litre 50 joined by piping first stage is a refugan (solid with various calurpa and rock plus shrimps,crabs and hermits) the second is a filter and sump where the Protein Skimmer is located along with a Phosphate reactor (the latter is DIY)
Calcium reactor is a Koralin 1350 with second home made chamber.
Protein Skimmer is a Turboflotter 1000 with needle impeller
Lighting is 2 X 250 Watt SE MH & 1 Super Actinic 4 ft tube fluro
Live rock varies from local reef rock to old giant stag & coral rock from tropical reefs up north in West Australia about 350 litres in volume.
1 X 8000 Lt/Hr return pump
2 X Tunze6070 Streams
1 X 2500 Lt blowing back of reef

Livestock
1 X Hovian Wresse
3 X blue chromies
1 X Foxface
1 X Mauve Anemonefish
3 X Peppermint Shrimps
1 X Banded Coral Shrimp
2 X Cucumbers
1 X Quadcolor Anemone
2 X Maxima Clams 1 purple and 1 green and yellow

Corals
40 X Various SPS
10 X LPS
30 X Various Corallimors- purple,red,green,combinations or variants of these colours.

Water is NSW which I get delivered 1000 Litres at a time and store in 1000Lt
caged plastic container.

Ph 8.3
Calcium 420PPM
Mg 1400PPM
Hardness 10D
Salinity 1250
Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0 - 0.003
MG 1400PPM

Poppie

Water is NSW

Thats is so cool! Thanks for posting your tank shots Poppie! How frequently are your water changes? Is it expensive to bring in that much NSW?

poppie said:

Water is NSW which I get delivered 1000 Litres at a time and store in 1000Lt
caged plastic container.

Ph 8.3
Calcium 420PPM
Mg 1400PPM
Hardness 10D
Salinity 1250
Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0 - 0.003
MG 1400PPM

Poppie

NSW is cheap here we have a guy who delivers to your homes works our $50.00Aust for 1000 lt so its dirt cheap.

Ocean is only 15 minute drive from my home and I used to collect it myself using 3 x 44 gallon plastic drums but it was too back breaking so when this guy attended a society meetingand and said he would do deliveries I think almost everybody decided to get deliveries. He has a permit to get water from a research marine park so its not effected by boating or otherwise. WE give him a ring and he delivers within 48 hours. However he has been known to come and deliver within two hours in case of emergancy day or night (within reason). He runs an aquaculture farm and part time lectures in marine biology at the Fremantle Marine College, but seems that water delivery is becoming the main sideline business. Its great because having the water onhand allows me to test it in the container and run a charcoal and phosphate remover filter through it. Also makes it easy to do 50 lt per week changes.

Poppie

Back