Update on the Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:D Yeah you could say that. The corals are starting to like it also. The only one that hasnt started to open yet is the toadstool leather. I raised the light from 8" above the tank to 9 1/4". Hopefully this will help. i have only had the light on for three hours Sunday and Monday. Then today i stepped it up to 5 hours. If any one has any advice on this, i would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steven:D

Looks good man. Im getting better with my camera. Ill come out and snap you a few hi resolution pics bro, and we can get hammered. :lol:

Very cool. I am about to hang the same MH above my 15 gal. I was thinking of installing a shelf in kitchen to do the same. You didn't by chance purchase this from John in Kirkland ( where I got mine, he had 1 left)?

Sounds good Brett!

I got my light from Jeremy in Auburn. I have been really happy with how the tank looks.

Steven

New Tank

I finaly have my new 36 gal bow front up and running. Let me know what you all think. Also, i am looking to put some sort of sand sifter in my tank. The sand that i have is sugar sized. What do you think would work best in a reef my size?

Attachments

• HPNX0144.jpg
    HPNX0144.jpg
    37.9 KB
  • HPNX0145.jpg
    HPNX0145.jpg
    40.4 KB
  • HPNX0149.JPG
    HPNX0149.JPG
    98.9 KB
Yea, that is the cross support for the tank and i just havent figure out what i am going to do about it. Do you have any ideas? Also the second pic in post 28, anyone have an idea of what that is.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for the great deal. Now all i have to do is stock it.

Last edited:
Here is another update. The first pic is the 36 right befor I upgraded to my new 75. The other pics are just the 75. Its grown from a ten to the 75 in just a little over a year and a half.
HPNX0377.jpg

HPNX0408.jpg

HPNX0416.jpg

HPNX0409.jpg

I like 10 gallon tanks!! It does look better with the MH bulb over it. I have the 96W over my 10 with a 50/50 bulb and have been happy with it but I would love a mh bulb like that some day.

Tim

Steven, you will have to start a new thread or get a moderator to change the title of this one. Can't call a 75 gallon packed reef, a nano?:lol::lol:

Back