Update on what's going on with me

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL...Corals will be in there man. I promise! I have to be patient for a few reason on the corals, but no doubt you guys will see some:)

Ohh yeah thats right Krish you went froma 90 down to a 75, man I thought your tank was lookin aswesome too.....

Matt

Krish, I vote for keeping one of the pendants and buying a single ballast. Then, when you upgrade to your six foot tank, you'll already have your three ballasts. Depending on what's available in the canopy, some T5 or VHO supplementation would be nice.

Also, on a tank that small, have you considered alternatives to the large/bulky Sea Swirl? How about an Ocean's Motions two way, alternating the two outlets in opposite corners of the tank, and the pump return at center bottom to flow water through the rocks? With the two supplies sitting in opposite corners, you might get some nice back and forth "tidal" action. Just point them right at the front glass. With all that flow and barebottom, you'll bounce enough water around, it won't matter. It will almost be like a dual surge, if you get enough flow. And again, always sucked back in through the rocks to the inlet at bottom center of the back wall.

Are you interested in sharing the design, or is it still top secret?

I like the one ballast idea, keep the MH:D

BTW I eat like a cow, wonder what duty's they have on food there if I tried to smuggle some in?

krish, i gave up the hobby for over 15 years to take care of my family. as time goes by you will get whatever it is you want in life and in fish tanks. be patient and it will all come around. I am not sure that if i could walk down the street and throw on a mask and snorkel that i would even have a tank. enjoy that beutiful ocean in your backyard. were all with you man.
steve

Krish, I vote for keeping one of the pendants and buying a single ballast. Then, when you upgrade to your six foot tank, you'll already have your three ballasts. Depending on what's available in the canopy, some T5 or VHO supplementation would be nice.

Also, on a tank that small, have you considered alternatives to the large/bulky Sea Swirl? How about an Ocean's Motions two way, alternating the two outlets in opposite corners of the tank, and the pump return at center bottom to flow water through the rocks? With the two supplies sitting in opposite corners, you might get some nice back and forth "tidal" action. Just point them right at the front glass. With all that flow and barebottom, you'll bounce enough water around, it won't matter. It will almost be like a dual surge, if you get enough flow. And again, always sucked back in through the rocks to the inlet at bottom center of the back wall.

Are you interested in sharing the design, or is it still top secret?

It's funny you should mention the sea-swirl because I woke up this morning thinking I may not use it.(LOL) I haven't actually thought through the whole flow thing yet...My mind has been too busy with thinking through the stand and canopy as well as the dimensions of the new sump. The acrylic for the tank isn't cleared through Bahamian customs yet so the tank will be atleast another week so I have some time to think it through. About the tank design, it's cool... :cool: No prefilter sitting in the tank to take up space, but it will have one;)

I like the one ballast idea, keep the MH

Yeah, that sounds good as well...I didn't even think of that. I could only think of that big PFO ballast I have and said I wanted to get away from it even if the ballast was half the size for a single 250W ballast. I was thinking more along the line of an ice cap ballast which I was told is way smaller. I'm also thinking about those cool lumeric reflectors as well so I may get something totally different from what I have and then when I upgrade later on down the road to a bigger tank, I can buy all new equipment then again:D

BTW I eat like a cow, wonder what duty's they have on food there if I tried to smuggle some in?

ROFL! That's a blonds statement Scooter!:lol: How could you pay duty on something you smuggled in???:p

krish, i gave up the hobby for over 15 years to take care of my family. as time goes by you will get whatever it is you want in life and in fish tanks. be patient and it will all come around. I am not sure that if i could walk down the street and throw on a mask and snorkel that i would even have a tank. enjoy that beutiful ocean in your backyard. were all with you man.
steve

Thanks Steve! That's why I don't really stress about changing the tank size. One reason is I know I will get a bigger one again (money isn't an issue with it) and also, I spend half of the year in the ocean on weekends so I get to see the real deal a lot. No biggie...:)

Ohh yeah thats right Krish you went froma 90 down to a 75, man I thought your tank was lookin aswesome too.....

Matt

Yeah it was...The next one will look better though. Trust me...Don't mind the size! Corals man...I have some coming in August:)

Hey Krish get the blueline ballast over the ice-cap, I had a 250 watter never got hot, these tested slightly better also.

Nano Tank

Hey Krish its OK I love them nanos Now get in your mind small think about all the different gobies that are in your neck of the ocean! Think about a hard to get Swissguard bass! Pistols shrimps Yea I know you will have to switch back to sand ! But hey with this small tank and going with small Fish and inverts Is really cool ! When I set up my 29 It was just to be used for a Hospital-Quarantine tank but I have had a great time converting it to this. Great little nano paradise! So don't feel bad my Friend just think of a whole new option of a Tank!!!!:D
Ok Just to get you started here is some lowly 29 gallon tank shots ;)

Attachments

• 100_3710.JPG
    100_3710.JPG
    87.4 KB
  • 100_3718.JPG
    100_3718.JPG
    72.7 KB
Thanks Scooty I'll check them out:)

Jeff, I think I will love this one man...I'm not worried at all especially after seeing your cool nano:p

The new thread is going up right now so look for it:)

Krish! its really great to see somebody so up,lotsa happy thoughts to you and yours and bye the way thanks for the welcome, will be following your adventure cheers.

Krish! its really great to see somebody so up,lotsa happy thoughts to you and yours and bye the way thanks for the welcome, will be following your adventure cheers.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it...:)The new thread is up now. This thread I only started just incase anyone wanted to tease me for the downgrade:p

Back