**UPDATE** PSAS October Meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Alice

Bellevue Community College
3000 Landerholm Circle E. Rm. B-104, Bellevue, WA
Saturday, October 15, 7:00pm

DON'T LET CHEMISTRY SPOOK YOU!

Spend an evening with us as John Warner of Warner Marine Research explains some of the interactions of chemistry that goes on in our tanks every day. I can tell you from experience that John can take the mystery out of chemistry for beginners as well as discuss the highest levels for advanced aquarists.

This is a link to the campus map to help you find our meeting room, B104. http://www.bcc.ctc.edu/about/around/directions/maps/main-office.asp

I know this will be an enjoyable meeting for all; if you aren't already a PSAS member, you can join at the door. Hope to see you there!

John Warner is unfortunately unable to attend the meeting this Saturday night; we hope to be able to reschedule him at a later date.

We're sorry about the change in plans but we've lined up a top notch evening for you! Terry Bartelme and our own Elmo18 - Ilham - have both graciously stepped in to speak to us.

Terry Bartelme's areas of special interest are fish health management including stress control, nutrition, water quality, disease treatment and prevention. He has written over 100 articles on these subjects for national publications and online magazines. His online service, Marine Aquarium Advice, can be a valuable resource for those aquarists interested in the health of the fish in their care or for disease treatment advice. He posts on many discussion boards, as TerryB or TerryB10 and answers many questions on the Marine Fish Discussion forum on Reef Frontiers.

Terry will be presenting new techniques for acclimating newly acquired fish; these techniques can improve survivability rates and overall fish health. I think this is a great topic and should be of interest to all of us fish lovers.

Ilham is going to give a presentation on his success with raising clownfish fry. We've all ooh'd and aww'd over the pics of his baby clowns, now we can see how it's done!

The date, time and the location of the meeting are the same; we hope to see you there!

~Alice

professional fish acclamation is definately a subject that i would like to hear more about!
especially with the changing methodologies of the companies who sell and ship fish to us and our stores.
looking forward to it :) :)

Looking forward to the meeting tonight. I always learn a lot from Terry and I can't wait to hear about the baby clownfish. I just wanted to post that I was coming in case anyone wanted some pods. Club members get a special price, by the way.

Thanks,

Adelaide from Ocean Pods

This should be interesting. Terry B is an awesome speaker. I on the other hand, dread public speaking.... :lol: I'll do anything to advance tank-raised material in this hobby.

If you would like me to bring any baby Clarkiis or Gold Stripe Maroons, let me know.

Best,

Ilham

I'm sorry I did not bring any clowns Adelaide :( You could always setup a tank at your work. Do you know Professor Frieda Taub?

- Ilham

Thanks to our members who stuck with it through a late evite, a changed presentation and having to move to a different room because of equipment malfunction! I think those of you who did come attended a great evening of information. I certainly hope that anyone who came to room B-104 didn't miss out and was directed by the BCC person-in-charge over to the N building.

Thanks so much to Terry and to Ilham for speaking to us last night; they were both awesome! I learned new things from both talks and I hope we can have them both back individually in the near future to expand on their presentations. I'm looking forward to Terry's article in progress regarding fish acclimation and Ilham, Adelaide is right, you really should submit your presentation to upcoming conferences; you did a super job.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

Alice

I have to echo Alice's comments. I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks to both Terry and Ilham.

i agree thanks to elmo and terry i am so impressed by the professionalism and wealth of knowledge they provided given with such short notice

BRAVO!!!

but we do need a cooler with wheels......lol

Back