updated Tank pix

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's a reverse angle of that coral with the red one growing from the branch. Shot this from the back side when I was in doing some fragging.
june2023036steveeliasbackside1.jpg

Hi Greg,
Great shots! I really like the green and the green with purple tips Seriatopora. The A. multiacuta isn't too shabby either :) If you come to Spokane I would like a few frags.

I believe the blue Acropora is A. lovelli. A. loisetteae has more scale-like radial corallites like A. millepora. Also in captivity (and sometimes in the wild) it exhibits extreme polyp extension and looks like a thinner version of A. abrolhosensis.

Cheers,
Kevin

that what i got from you a fews years ago,also i got from steve weast and sotous,,,now after Oum put them all together in one spot,,i can not tell which one is from where ,,thay all looks amost the same after they are growing together on the upper right cornor of the tank?

Hi Greg,
If I had to guess I would say Acropora vaughani. It has that smooth look and a very wide range of growth forms. It is also uniformly blue and has a wide distribution area. See page 268-269 J. Veron COW. Notice the variation from table to upright branching, to large thicket, growth forms.

Cheers,
Kevin

Hi Greg,
If I had to guess I would say Acropora vaughani. It has that smooth look and a very wide range of growth forms. It is also uniformly blue and has a wide distribution area. See page 268-269 J. Veron COW. Notice the variation from table to upright branching, to large thicket, growth forms.

Cheers,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin.

Everytime you post pictures it always takes my breath away at how great everything looks and how well its doing in your tank.

Your tank is stunning and congrats on current Reef Central TOTM! Well deserved!

Last edited:
Back