Uptown Reef: In the Work

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
The ghetto reef is getting a new uptown appartment. I should have it done in a week or two. Here are some progress shots. Just 60gal 48" tank, but I can do something nice with it.

new.jpg

standpipes.jpg

sumpage.jpg

fitted.jpg

I have to finish plumbing the closed loop, paint the back and mount the lights, then she is ready to go.

-Erik

Thanks a ton Jonathan, I can't wait to fire up that nice ReeffantaSea reactor you made me, you always do such great work.

-Erik

Last edited:
That looks like it'll be a great tank for you Eric, congratulations.

I'm looking forward to watching it come together.

Eliyah

Lookin' good!

Movin on up...

Keep us updated..I think this is going to be a really sweet tank.

Looking good! Its too bad you won't be able to use that sump that I made, but I am sure someone else will enjoy it. If you need any help with the move, just let me know. I hope you have a smooth move :D

big t said:
Looking good! Its too bad you won't be able to use that sump that I made, but I am sure someone else will enjoy it. If you need any help with the move, just let me know. I hope you have a smooth move :D

That goes for me as well, just give a holler!

Tom, I tried to use the sump, which was killer, but it would not fit. Mattseattle actually bought my whole 110 gal setup and he will get to use the sump.

-Erik

Last edited:
and what a sweet sump it is.....Tom does awesome work. Well the whole 110 gallon set up is amazing. I just ordered the closed loop system yesterday.

And on the third night he created the closed loop and return fittings and it was good. ; )

I have to reduce the locline length by about 4 units, but she is all ready to plumb this weekend.
flow.jpg

-Erik

Well, I hit a little snag in the construction of this tank. Had my car broken into lastnight and now the money for the closed loop pump is going to fix the rear driverside window : ( I may be selling some sps frags and colonys soon to try and generate enough funds to wrap things up.

-Erik

eeks - sorry to hear about that.

don't forget i'm interested in that skimmer! maybe that'll help out with the pump.

That would help, but I need that skimmer to cure the rock. I'm down to two decent skimmers in my house and one is in use. So it wont be until after I cure the rock.

-Erik

Got a little progress done this weekend after the big move. I should have it done tomorrow night, then transfering the old tank over to it throughout the week.

plumb.jpg

-Erik

Looking good Erik! I'm glad that I got to see this in person. Can't wait to see what it looks like in about 3 months! Thanks again for the pendant!

Jeff

I love it when things come together. Awesome job there Erik!

I'll check it out sometime this week.

- Elmo

flugelnuss said:
Looking good Erik! I'm glad that I got to see this in person. Can't wait to see what it looks like in about 3 months! Thanks again for the pendant!

Jeff

You are most welcome Jeff, good to meet you and your wife. Be sure to stop by in a few months when she is thriving and I can send you home with some frags.

-Erik

Back