Used bulbs please :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am doing lots of R&D on DIY fluorescent ballasts at the moment, and its suprizingly hard on the poor bulbs used in testing.

I am working to find optimal frequencys and current levels which 96watt PC and 48" VHO bulbs of both the attinic and 10k variety may be over driven before problems occur.

So far, I have totally smoked my worn out/used bulb supply while looking for limits (and a few died from unrefined circut design :p).

So, if anybody happens to be local to seattle area and would like their old used bulbs to serve a semi-noble purpose prior to being properly disposed of (i'm not a fan of mercury going into my ground water), please let me know.

I will glad to pick them up. Hopefully, if I can really refine testing, I would like to think I will only need about 10 more of each bulb, however, from how fast my 6 bulb stock pile i had laying about went, I expect a more realistic number could be in the 20 of each bulb area.

Please only bulbs that did still light up when they were removed.

Thanks a bunch guys if you can help, R&D on a college budget would be impossible without your help.

-Luke

Moved to the PSAS forum, for better local Seattle attention. Good luck with the R&D! Wish I lived closer, as I'll have some old VHO actinics soon.

Nobody out there has used bulbs?

I will bring free red sea pumping xenia frags to anyone who donates junk bulbs.

thanks
-luke

Can you adapt your setup to fit 46.5" VHO's? I have a number of them ...

Yes, 46.5" bulbs will work perfect for testing. I was begining to give up on this project. I will gladly take all the bulbs you can part with.

Just let me know about how to meet.

Ok, it looks like 6 actinics, 3 actinic-whites, and 3 aquasun's. I'll PM you.

Back