User name origins

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was wondering if your name had anything to do with mightymouse. Thats a great story.
I loved mightymouse cartoons
mmFly.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet, like seeing all those from Cali. Originally from Thousand Oaks area.

Anyways, my handle has been with me since my car audio days. Spllbnd2, had to add the 2 because it seems a lot of folks use spllbnd already so...

spllbnd2=Spellbinding defined as, holding the attention as if by a spell <a spellbinding story>
I once did spellbinding car audio systems. Once had a system that the 2 subwoofers hit so hard that I could flip a silver dollar on the roof twice when the bass hit.

spllbnd2=Spellbound which is a good Hitchcock moive from 1945. It started Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck.

Mighty Mouse is cool!!!

"Here I come to save the day! That mean that Mighy Mouse is on the way."

Mine is also easy NWDiver= Northwest Diver. I spend a lot of time in the water as well as looking at the water :)

Back in the early days I was always able to keep corals alive that most were having a hard time with, so folks started to say I had some Mojo over them. I am also orginally from Cali, from Gods armpit "Exter" then Canada and back down to the Seattle area.

Mojo

And you can still hear?

What?

Ear protection all the way. A must when you're building 3,000 watt stereo systems to compete in the USACi competitions and able to hit a 127 Db. I think I lost more hearing from using air tools as an auto tech for 8 years than I did from doing car audio for 4 years.

Here's a useful chart for anyone and good information too. Exposure chart assumes no hearing protection.

decibelexposurechart.gif

Dangerous Decibels

Sweet, like seeing all those from Cali. Originally from Thousand Oaks area.

Anyways, my handle has been with me since my car audio days. Spllbnd2, had to add the 2 because it seems a lot of folks use spllbnd already so...

spllbnd2=Spellbinding defined as, holding the attention as if by a spell <a spellbinding story>
I once did spellbinding car audio systems. Once had a system that the 2 subwoofers hit so hard that I could flip a silver dollar on the roof twice when the bass hit.

spllbnd2=Spellbound which is a good Hitchcock moive from 1945. It started Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck.

That's cool!! We have been authorized dealers for Directed Electronics here in the Bahamas for the past 12 years. They use to only have the directed line and of course Viper alarms, Rattler, Hornet, Python etc. Now DEI owns Orion, Precision Power, Polk Audio, ADS, Clifford and Avital...All the big names from back in the day. :)

That's cool!! We have been authorized dealers for Directed Electronics here in the Bahamas for the past 12 years. They use to only have the directed line and of course Viper alarms, Rattler, Hornet, Python etc. Now DEI owns Orion, Precision Power, Polk Audio, ADS, Clifford and Avital...All the big names from back in the day. :)

That's sweet Krish. Yeah I still remember all the big names from the good old days. Still have 3 PPI amps in one of my cars and the still run flawlessly. Something about Made in the U.S.A. just seems to keep them sounding as day one.

I was a Staff Sergeant when I left the Army in 2000 at Fort Bliss, Texas. I needed an easy to remember user name and e-mail so all my old friends could always find me.

Back