Very Big Anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

redsag26

We are fairly new at this. Are tank is 24 gallon and had been running for about 7 months with live rock, snails, and hermit crabs only. About 2 months ago we got a Bubble Tip Anemone and 1 maroon clown fish. They have been doing awesome!! They hosted right away and seem healthy. But now we are facing a problem. The Anemone had tripled in size, if not more :eek:. I am afraid if he keeps growing we will not be able to add more things down the road. What can I so to slow his growth a bit. Thanks in advance for your help.

Okay, I should have done a little more research, I was unaware they split. Should I do anything to help him out. Less light... More food? Thanks

I think this is a good thing. You have a happy anemone. You can get a bigger tank. Wait for it to split and keep the smaller one, sell the bigger one. Or just sell the anemone.

pics please??????? i just bought one yesterday... i have been trying to find pics of other ones!!!

I would just sell it or upgrade your tank... They do get huge and so do the maroons. I have a bubble tip that has been dinner plate size for over a year and hasn't split. My maroon is close to 6" long. I would say neither inhabitant is a good fit for a 24g.

This was my old tank (80 gallons). One half of the tank was for the RBTA and the other half was for other corals.
tank.jpg

Monster Anemone

I made the mistake to starting to feed my normal sized anemone a few months ago. I never fed it for couple of years. Just let the maroon clown pair take care of it.

It has now morphed into an absolute monster. Now I am scared of not feeding it. ("...feed me Symore..") - I call it "Audry II"

It has taken over one whole corner of my tank.

anem2.jpg

anem4.jpg

anem1.jpg

I too have been waiting for it to split. But up to now has shown no sign of doing so.

(I am almost afraid to put my hand into that side of the tank. :eek:)

Omg!!!!!!!!!! I am going to cut back on feeding mine ("Hot tamale") while he's still a baby!!!!

:shock:

Back