ViaAqua Multi Skimmer2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mdbv25

Has anybody heard of this skimmer? It comes with a UV sterilizer kit that you can put into the unit. Just wondering if there was any good/negative on this item.

Michael:|

Need suggestions

The air controller on this is a piece of crap.... has anyone done a modifacation on a diffuser (bubble controller) like the ones on the Coralife skimmers? It just seems that this is creating more water than bubbles, but if I open the air diffuser the fow of the water stops. Any help would be greatful

Michael..... :)

your're right

It is a piece of crap a adjusttment nightmare.Not only that but it employs freshwater technology,with the filterpad section.For what they cost u could just buy a coralife and a 20 long to make a simple refugium and the coralife will hang on one side and still leave room for a 15 gallon rubbermade for your auto top off on the otther side,and fit under the tank in the stand as long as its a 55 or bigger.

Confirmed......

I can't even sell this or would'nt sell this at the price I bought it for!!!:mad:

Who ever you are.... DO NOT BUY A ViaAqua Skimmer!!!!!!! (at least for a 75g) :(

I have a 180 running a Via aquaskimmer Model SK-200 - manufacturer rated for tanks up to 100 gallons (this rating is VERY CONSERVATIVE). Includes Via aqua 2300 pump rated at 609 GPH. Dimensions - 8" X 13" X 17" Highand it works fine .

I would reccomend it :) for the price Currently $90 on e-bay You cant go wrong.

I have a 180 running a Via aquaskimmer Model SK-200 - manufacturer rated for tanks up to 100 gallons (this rating is VERY CONSERVATIVE). Includes Via aqua 2300 pump rated at 609 GPH. Dimensions - 8" X 13" X 17" Highand it works fine .

I would reccomend it :) for the price Currently $90 on e-bay You cant go wrong.

Definately has to be a better model. I mean I messed around with my cheaply maid air bubble diffuser and all I did was get water all over the place as well as losing suction. But yeah I guess if you want to buy one go for it. I'm glad yours is doing great, wish I had that same luck ... (it could be me) :rolleyes:

It could also be the model number as I bought mine I heard of Several others running big tanks on these sucessfully. I am not in love with the venturi but it works I will probably get a needlewheel pump and hook it up to it someday months from now :)
Paul

Back