Viewing Device??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bripen

SeaSlug
I seem to recall seeing a device which attached to your tank and allowed magnified viewing of select areas. Anyone familiar with this product or something similar? If so, does it work? Product name, cost, etc? Thanks:D

Okay--thanks. WOW! $500 is a lot of money for an eyepiece though. Wonder if you can attach a camera to it? For that matter, wouldn't a SLR camera lens work almost as well? Things that make you go Hmmmm....

yeah, WOW is right! I was thinking that would be cool to have...until I saw the price. I'd like to see a 'consumer/hobbiest' grade for around $50-75. That would be easier to justify.

dude, you could get a high power video cammra for less then that!

sitting here fiddling with my 300 mm SLR lens and a suction cup--LOL! Now if it was on a Digital SLR. My wife is soooooo gonna want to kill me when she sees the Christmas and birthday wish list she asked for!

It's expensive, but it sounds like none of you have used it. I had a chance to play with one recently. No camera lens or video camera is going to compare. I was counting red bugs and watching them move, on the backside of a 240g! You could make them out clearly, and make out which direction they were facing. You could see the texture in the skin of SPS. This was a pretty impressive device, I cannot deny. However, it certainly has a price to match. And no, I haven't purchased one, either.

I don't know the current status of a camera mount for this device, but I'm sure it's on the way if it's not already here.

Back