vinegar question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

My question is how long should i place my powerheads and pumps in distilled white vinegar. Im trying to kill this red hair algea on my equipment. I was thinking maybe 2 hours???? Here is the stuff im trying to kill it only grows on the equipment. I know its not a great pic but can anyone id this???

I normally remove what I can throughly so the vinegar can work better, couple hours usually works for me but still needs some scrubbing.

well the crap has grown back on the powerheads. Is there anything else i can use to kill this stuff. I left the stuff in the vinegar for a couple of hours..

mmkeeper

How long do i leave it in Hydrocloric acid (muratic acid) phosphoric acid the stuff???????

Until there is nothing left but the cord:) A cup or so of muratic acid in a gollon of water makes pretty short work of most cleaning jobs. I usually plug the pump in so it circulates through the pump. If you use MA do it outside.

Don

i think i have that same algae, mexican turbo snails have helped out some with controlling it, i haven't found a permanant solution yet, it's all over one of my tanks

Back