Violent six line

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

poakley723

SO I have a six line wrasse who just in the last few days decided to start being agressive. I really do like the fish and am thinking I may be able to take him out of the display for a few days and then reintroduce him. Hopefully that will chill him out. Is this something that will work. I know you are suposed to introduce fish from least aggresive and then introduce the more aggressive fish. Any other ideas would be cool to.

Thanks Nick

It will probably recognize the tank if you are able to some reaquascaping might work but more likely it will only be temporary and he will be back to his mean self.

+1 Get rid of it while you can. There are various threads on here of other people wanting to get rid of their sixline even though the sixline was introduced last to the tank.

Most of the above are good suggestions. I would suggest deciding on what fish you want to have. EITHER the Wrasse or the other fishes.

I introduced mine last and as a 1.5 inch individual--almost babyish wrasse. After a month, it attacks my male maroon clown, my yellow watchmen, and my sps polyps :( This is my first wrasse that's going hostile. Probably going to trade it for a cleaner wrasse :)

Like Lee Eluded to It's Really hard to get 2 Wrasses to get along long term.

I have 2 in a 180 and Someday I may have to get rid of one.

A man I visited in spokane with a tank over 500 gallons had several wrasses in there for about 5 years.

Then suddenly one turned territorial and he had to move it to another tank--- It was a leopard wrasse !

:)

Paul

My Leopard and six line lived happly for about 4 months. One day the sixline decided that he wanted the whole tank. My leopard wrasse was hiding in the corner between my Over flow and tank. What a ash whole Six line wrasse. needless to say he has been adopted since.

Back