Vodka dosing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I would try brightwells products! there is a product that works like vodka meaning it does it the same is what your wanting! I would be careful dosing stoli vodka becuz you are a zoo luver zoos hate getting drunk im telling ya alot of ppl that dose are sps keepers!!!

i dose brightwells mb7 and bio fuel...im on the low dosage now after a month or so of dosing,red slime/cyano is fairly gone...i feed very heavy..but with the dosing my water is crystal clear...i add amino acids too..
i notice that after dosing,my purple hornets sprouted lots of bumps meaning lots of babies on the way i thought its not gonna grow anymore...my king midas grew crazy...my magicians have tons of babies underneath...candy apple red/rainbow palys grow babies after babies...so i dont know if its the dosing or because i feed too much but with dosing i dont worry if i feed heavily...

my chaeto didnt grow anymore...thats the only negative
but i dont have any kind of algae,just cyano thats why i decided to dose but now cyano is almost gone..hope this info/changes helps

i dose brightwells mb7 and bio fuel...im on the low dosage now after a month or so of dosing,red slime/cyano is fairly gone...i feed very heavy..but with the dosing my water is crystal clear...i add amino acids too..
i notice that after dosing,my purple hornets sprouted lots of bumps meaning lots of babies on the way i thought its not gonna grow anymore...my king midas grew crazy...my magicians have tons of babies underneath...candy apple red/rainbow palys grow babies after babies...so i dont know if its the dosing or because i feed too much but with dosing i dont worry if i feed heavily...

do you dose daily or weekly? if daily, what are you going to do if you go on vacation? also, are the amino acids from brightwell too?

i dose daily...and the amino acid is from brightwell too..
not sure what im gonna do if i go on vacation...but right now my cyano are completely gone...theres still some but not as crazy as before...the change i saw right away is my water is so clear...

I run one of these "bacteria driven systems" and couldn't be happier with it. I started dosing MB7 for four weeks to increase my "good" bacterial population and then just started in with 0.5 ml/140 gallons two weeks ago. Crystal clear water, bright white sand, and being able to feed more all while maintaining perfect stats are all good in my book.

http://www.rimlessreef.com/

The guy whose link I posted runs the same system, and it looks gorgeous! In some cases your corals will lighten up so much you have to dose amino acids to increase the nutrient level, but that allows you to choose what color intensity you think your corals look best at.

If you're interested in reading a step by step guide as to how someone went about starting up a system like this, and the dramatic results he got in getting rid of nuisance algae, shoot me a PM. I don't really feel comfortable posting links to other forums on the boards.

Hey Adam. I know you have alot of zoas. Have you tried Vitamin C? I have read alot on this and basically it has similar effect to other bacteria driven systems as with Vodka dosing. I dose Vit C and MB7 just like Vodka+MB7. I have had to move all my zoa frags to my main system b/c there is a clear difference in the growth rate (from my seperate frag tank). As for LPS & SPS - No harm. Everything is growing.

It seems all the bacteria systems require:
1. Good bacteria - MB7
2. Carbon Source - Vodka, sugar, Vit C, etc...
3. Lots of feedings
4. Good skimmer
5. No change in water change schedule

You know its working when your chaeto starts getting smaller :)

Good luck

Back