Walker's 125g Build!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mwalker0420

Watch out here i come!
Hi everyone I will start off introducing myself, my name is Matt. I live up Mount Vernon, I am just getting into the hobby of reef keeping. I have had freshwater aquariums off and on my whole life but this will be my first attempt at a saltwater setup. For the past few months my friend Holdendaniel and I have been going around to visit many fellow reefers homes and fish stores to see what exactly what we want to build. There are so many different ways to go about building/maintaining a reef tank, I felt it would be nice to get a idea of what everyone thinks is "best" way. Thank you everyone who let us come in and ask 1 million questions, lol, without your answers I would not of felt comfortable building this on my own.

I plan to build a mixed reef. The tank will be mainly sps, with lps on the lower half. My family cant do without some fish so there will be a few tangs and many smaller fish to make the tank more attractive. So far I have the 125g tank and 55g Refuge/sump built, soon to have the stand built and finished and I have 3 160w Pacific Sun Led's on the way to light this baby :)

To keep my busy i have been maintaining a small 20g with a few gobys, clowns, and sps/lps i have picked up the past few weeks. This tank will be switched over to a quarantine when the 125g gets up and going (all LR and sand will go into 125G too)

Matt

Looking good Matt!

The best advice I can give you is do lots of research and most importantly, take your time. As the saying goes " Only Bad Things Happen Fast!"

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the advice because it is so true. I just got the camera back so i will upload some pics later today.

the frags all look good

Thanks Adam, All the frags you gave me have their polyps popping out starting to show all their color. :)

What was the name of the green frag you gave me? It kinda looks like a cactus leaf lol. That frag it turning out really cool, it is now starting to split down the center into two seperate leafs.

Thanks Adam, All the frags you gave me have their polyps popping out starting to show all their color. :)

What was the name of the green frag you gave me? It kinda looks like a cactus leaf lol. That frag it turning out really cool, it is now starting to split down the center into two seperate leafs.

Hmm...that sounds like a spongodes.

Busy weekend...mother had surgery. This weekend I got my aquascape all laid out in the tank and got filled her up. Everything is coming along except my heaters havent showed up yet and i broke my dam skimmer before I could even put it in use...If something doesn't go wrong before the end of the project i always think there must be a problem. Something alway has to go wrong before it will work, i swear. haha

Anywho here are some updated pics

View attachment 39641

View attachment 39642

View attachment 39643

IT is a Green PAVONA!!

Back