Walker's 125g Build!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How large is the return area of your sump?

I was thinking the same thing. Was there a particular reason behind having that last baffle shorter in heigth than the first? This is the area your evap will show up in and it looks like you could increase the volume so you don't have to top off as often :)

I was thinking the same thing. Was there a particular reason behind having that last baffle shorter in heigth than the first? This is the area your evap will show up in and it looks like you could increase the volume so you don't have to top off as often :)

The reason I had for the shorter baffle is because i wanted a deep refuge and sump area. With deep areas on both sides it leaves very little room for overflow when i shut off my pumps. I was worried about it overflowing so i built the second wall shorter, I do not know if this makes that much of a difference with maintaining the level of water in the return. This is my first sump ive built, if i was to build another there are afew things i would do differently.

the stand look great but I am curious why so tall?

The stand is in a hallway so no room to sit only stand, and im 6' tall I was thinking about my back when i built it. Didnt want to have to bend over to see he bottom of my tank. All i will need is a stepping stool to get up on the stand, the stand is built well enough to hold a few ppl walking on the edges. Feeding should be a breeze. Kind of like adams setup. ;)

Last night I helped Dj re-do his plumbing on his 55g tank. We got rid of the old AGA durso style drain and tried out the herbie style in the AGA overflow box....silent. The difference was like night and day so i will be modding my two overflow boxes, each with a main drain and a emergency. The return will run up the back and over the tank with the return inbetween the two overflow boxes. Has anyone here on RF done this before? I have seen very little pictures or videos of ppl doing this. Will one 3/4" pvc be enough for a ehiem 1262 for return or should i up the pvc line to a 1" return? Maybe two 3/4" returns? Thank you to anyone who can help.

Back