Wanna have some fun thursday night?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

khaosinc

the cyborg reefer
Nothing is completely set in stone as I'm going to check everything out and discuss money and details tommorow, but most likely I'm going to be getting the contents of a 280 gallon reef tank thursday afternoon/evening. There would certainly be beer and pizza involved, and most likely some things I wouldn't want to add to my system as well. He's tearing down the tank and he's leaving town for a few weeks friday, so there might be some pretty good deals on all sorts of stuff.

DJ-- I believe you just got his calcuim Reactor... so you've seen the tank closer than I have if you want to play some more.

Sounds like a nice reef tank for your little "upgrade" Dave...

What skimmer came with that tank? I called the guy 3 times and e-mailed with no luck. If you're not interested in keeping it let me know.

Won't see it until tommorow but I'll let you know. From the sounds of it he got overwhelmed with emails, calls and no shows and pulled the add. Mostly, he couldn't sell alot of it until the livestock is gone. As I'm hoping to fix that issue, he called me. Depending on his price and how flexable/motivated he is, I might end up with all of it...LOL

Like I so need another tank.

are you trying to get rid of or sell anything from this setup? im looking for a large colony of frogspawn,hammer,torch

LOL... you'll be missing out... I know you don't want acrylic but its a nice set up dave....

Dalbery, its a salt water connection skimmer, I think its a 250A, but has a different pump on it. I'm still mulling over getting the whole set up and parting it myself... (and somehow manage NOT to set up another tank... LOL.)

We turned the lights back on so alot of stuff was closed up for the night already..

014-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

Im not against acrylic, the jury is still out. I ve seen many opinions back and forth here in a short time in my tenure as a reefer LOL

I like every advantage acrylic has :) especially the Clarity, drilling flexibility,strength,insulative properties, etc.....

being easy to scratch? of course who doesnt want a "Diamond" clarity and strength on their display panes of thier tank LOL

Nope I am not anti Acrylic, I am just a newbie that is not yet informed well enough on how to manage a successful beautiful acrylic tank yet :)

I have an offer in on the whole system, and we've agreed on a price for everything in it already. Its got a few scratches but nothing bad. I think if I can make it all disappear tommorow, I can get it for a pretty good price. knowing me it will be sitting in my living room when you get back to tempt you. It has 2 returns in a closed loop and everything else is over the top. Nice lighting, OK skimmer, and a 1/2 hp chiller, a couple sumps 3 external pumps etc...

By my math its only a 260 gallon tank. 7x2x30" deep lighting is enough for corals all the way to the floor.

I really don't have a place for a huge rose BTA, anyone interested one?

YES I want a RTBA :) and YES Im tempted LOL dang it your no help Im addicted I admit. is there a RA???? I know AA was sucessful so hell sign me up LOL

LOL... I think this one expanded is larger than your tank... so you might need to upgrade...

sending you a PM

Back