Want to borrow a battery operated air pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

is there such as thing as a battery operated pump with a heater?

My dilemma is my office bldg is losing power to the bldg for 3.5 days.

I have a 40 g breeder that has 2 clownfish, 1 cherub angel, 2 clams, and several LPS corals.

During the 3.5 days, I am NOT allow in the bldg, so I need something that will keep the temperature stable and provide good O2 exchange.

FWIW, the absolute last alternative is to take everything home, but I rather not do that.

Looking for suggestions..

thanks
Kirk

What are the chances you can put in a gas powered generator? i looked all over for battery powered powerheads but could only find bubble pumps. and no heaters. Can you run an extension cord to a generator outside/window/or on the roof? This sounds like a nightmare. I have a 40B at work to. So I'm tagging along.

Would a UPS have enough power to last that long for a powerhead and\or heater??? Maybe one for the powerhead and one for the heater???

And I guess an extention cord wouldn't reach from your building to mine (im in 36). :)

What about a DC to AC Power Inverter hooked up to a car battery? I looked at the UPSs and I don't think they would last long enough. I found an inverter on Amazon for like $25. Just another thought... :)

Air pumps don't pull much power, but hating a 40 in a cold room would pull a lot of amps. I have an inverter in Bothell that I could loan you, but I don't think a car battery or even three would last that long. If you cant bring the stuff home, wrap the tank in insulation or blankets.

Is this like in a big office building? what are they doing that they need to turn of the power for 4 days? remodeling? if that's the case i might want to take everything home anyway to avoid contamination.

I can't think of any reliable alternative for 3.5 days save a generator. Want to be sure your animals are going to be OK? Take them home.

Mike

Yes, this is a BIG bldg and not able to run powercords or gas generators to it.

Thanks for the ideas, it looks like the consensus is bring animals home (which I can do)

I will still watch thread for other heating ideas though..

Would a UPS have enough power to last that long for a powerhead and\or heater??? Maybe one for the powerhead and one for the heater???

And I guess an extention cord wouldn't reach from your building to mine (im in 36). :)

That wouldn't be 40-36 by any chance would it?

Back